F20b swap! After f23 blew up

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
The internals have nothing to do with the pistons blowing apart.. it’s the ignition timing that took out the piston. Pre det will take out a piston very easily even on a block with built internals. Stock internals can handle atleast 10lbs of boost with no problem and that’s daily driving. Everyone told me that my f23 would blow up at 6lbs with 280k on the odometer.. that engine took 10lbs for almost 2years!!

No I didn’t order another engine I just took a piston out of the first f20b and put in the hmo one. Compression is at 200psi and is strong, I’m just waiting on my new wideband sensor so I can street tune it myself. I’m gonna try a new tuner around our area and see if he knows how to set ignition timing unlike the first tuner lol

capsidx

Reaction score
I love the f20b but I’m just deathly afraid of boost because of the catastrophic failure from running lean/pre det/ blown oil lines, etc. it just scares me. That’s not to say n/a cant fail either. F20b is notorious for dropping valves. Part of the reason I stop at 7500 and don’t really go higher. I wanted to boost but after seeing how much work has to go into it I think I’ll stick with I/h/e for now. Once I get back to Florida this summer I’ll pick up a few spare f20bs and boost from there. Need another daily though because Frankenstein is my project/dd car and we all know that usually doesn’t work lol. Looking forward to the next build. I was always scared of the fan switch not working and me not realizing so I put in a stand-alone fan switch. In Florida I can run it all the time to little to no overcooling. In pa I have to modulate it to keep the temp optimal. Especially when it’s cold and I need das heat lol

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Street pulls coming soon, I’m still waiting on some last parts and have been working out some issues. But she is still in one piece at 6lbs, just waiting on the regulator to show up and dial in my fuel pressure and crank up the boost a bit. Videos coming soon!! Sorry for the huge delay

capsidx

Reaction score
Do you have both pigtails? If you start another thread I can help you with the wiring.

Back