F23 Turbo or H22 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvac41

Reaction score
I have a dilemma... I cant decide whether to turbo the stock F23 in my 02 Accord, or to drop an H22 stock, and see where it goes from there.... rather than spending months searching and hoping to find an answer, I figured I would throw it out there and get an idea, hopefully from both 02 Accord owners that have done both... is the F23 sufficient in handling 8-10 boost, or does it pay to go all motor and go with the H22, or even the F20B perhaps.. please throw me some help!

Thanks!

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
X2... F23 can handle 14psi stock block.. but then every motor is a little different.. make sure all your maintenience is up to date, headgaskets, etc..

ccordex00

Reaction score
First of all i'm in the same position...so far I understand that F23 is better for boost with the correct internal parts while the H22 is better as N/A, it all depends on your choice of reliability, longevity and looks. I would rather go
H22 N/A but that's my personal choice

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
The h22 isnt really cost efficienct for horse power, especially when you got 400hp plus f23's that are slowly popping up. I've been back and forth on this situation for years, and i just decided to go with the h22. I decided that i wanted a project car and i love my accord. There is no sense in buying another project car if i already have one with good potential.

The cost to turbo the 23 over the 22 is way more cost friendly. The 22 is a goog power plant, but you will spend alot of money getting it as fast as a built turbo f23. Basically you need to do some more research and decide what your pockets can handle. That is the deciding factor for most.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
I'm still running the f23. Like i said, i've been back and forth so long that i am slowly narrowing it down to if i want to go with an obd2 motor or just go obd1. At the top of 08 is when the project should get started. I just want to make sure i have all are close to all of the info i need. First i got to find something else to drive and it has to be practical since i got kids:) (yeah, i'm an old head that has been in the game since the first modded 6th gen)

white beauty

Reaction score
Personally, i would go H22, and build that motor, than a turbo F23, the main reason being is that honda never meant to make the F23 a fast motor, or a race motor, However they did intend to make the H22 a fast motor, i just think it would be a better choice in the end, and although the H22 motor isnt as turbo friendly as a F23, that doesnt mean it cant be done, its actually done alot, My friend that has an EK civic with an H22 swap, has just got done putting a turbo kit on it, dont know what he had to do or change though, I just feel that if u build that H22 correctly it would beat a boosted F23, just y opinion may be wrong

ccordex00

Reaction score
I see...i was wondering the same thing if go with obd1 or 2 cause I live in socal...what do you think about the typeS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back