F23 Turbo or H22 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It's all about money both motors can do amazing things, A local h22 6th gen sedan is trying to break 13's in a NA 6th gen sedan no motor work just a few bolt ons lol. Some people don't build our cars to take them to the track, some of us just want a more fun car but it all comes down to how much you want to spend. A f23 turbo will smoke a H22 no doubt but If you don't take care of that f23 kiss that thing good bye so reliability plays a big part. So pretty much if your going to boost a F23 the right way it's going to cost you more and it will give you better power vs just swapping a H22 but you always can mod the h22. H22's can be boosted if your tune is right you can be happy with it for a very long time but I'll be going na just looking for 200WHP I aint looking for nothing crazy but 200whp in a 6th gen is enough for a quick daily driver.

white beauty

Reaction score
It's all about money both motors can do amazing things, A local h22 6th gen sedan is trying to break 13's in a NA 6th gen sedan no motor work just a few bolt ons lol. Some people don't build our cars to take them to the track, some of us just want a more fun car but it all comes down to how much you want to spend. A f23 turbo will smoke a H22 no doubt but If you don't take care of that f23 kiss that thing good bye so reliability plays a big part. So pretty much if your going to boost a F23 the right way it's going to cost you more and it will give you better power vs just swapping a H22 but you always can mod the h22. H22's can be boosted if your tune is right you can be happy with it for a very long time but I'll be going na just looking for 200WHP I aint looking for nothing crazy but 200whp in a 6th gen is enough for a quick daily driver.

agreed, man i would kill to have 200 WHP in my accord, it would be sick, a daily driver with A/C that looks hot and can keep up with cars that cost more, and are 8 years newer, to bad my accord will never see that day:(, an intake and header is all the mods my engine will ever see

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
who wants to do some math at 2am? yay i do :D

f23 engine--what, like $600?
h22 engine--$1500 sound fair?

f23 wiring--free cause it came in your car :lolrun:
h22 wiring--pay someone or have fun with schematics!

f23 swap--DIY
h22 swap--maybe DIY

f23 torque-- > than hp number
h22 tq--huh?

is there a need to continue? if i stay with the f23 and accumulate enough money eventually, i will build one :lolrun: 300whp would be enough (for a while at least :D )

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Very true but your still going to spend a lot of money on a good turbo setup and EMS and along with other things. But again both are great alternatives.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
h22 is more expensive but has more potential

basically if you're gonna get a swap done at a shop, the price of an h22 swap will probably be close to the cost to turbo your f23. turbo'd f23 will be faster than stock h22 but you can continue to mod the h22 easier. as said before, depends on your pockets

champaned_out

Reaction score
i think i know the anwser to this question but, is it legal to turbo a F23 in Socal? if not is there anyway to make it legal?

cause if you get rolled on by the police and they catch you, they make you remove the turbo right?
so is there a better solution than removing and reinstalling the turbo everytime you get caught? cause thats a **** load of time and money spent just for that

theaccordian

Reaction score
you can just pay the bail forfeiture its like $250. just pay the fine and case closed and your good to go.

you think the government really cares bout the environment and eradicating street racing, but give them money and they leave you alone. :flipoff:

Sonnick

Reaction score
No one really knows the full potential of an F23...no one has fully built one N/A..fully built turbo, yes but not pushed to its limits.

They are both great alternatives nonetheless. H22 is a great motor with a lot of potential. F23's potential is still awaiting..

As far as reliability goes..the F23 is stock sleeved. I don't believe the H22 is. F23 can handle over 10 psi daily and has been proven to hold 17. Replace the ringlands before you turbo, and you're set. Just don't be stupid and try to boost the $hit out of it on stock internals and you'll be set. 220whp/tq @ 8-9 psi are great numbers. And so is 220whp with an NA H22, however the torque will be a lot less. This is a very debated topic among Accord owners. The only answer to make everyone happy is "How deep are your pockets?"

I say be different. Throw a K24 in there with a k20z2 head. Now how deep are your pockets? :squintfinger:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
It comes down to Money I was chillen with some of the guys from Bisimoto Engineering from CA when they were at Budds Creek Race way in MD a few weeks ago and they have a 2006 Insight with a F22A: 9.60; 145mph it was amazing what they could get out of a Built F22 :) they are a world record holder in their class.

Video 9.8 sec run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42j4ckd7-B0

432.9 hp all motor F22
l_90c686f423183eccd264b43627c4e93b.jpg

l_448a9e3b1f49d672a055542a65618be7.jpg

Sonnick

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of power NA! Bisi is ridiculous when it comes to Honda's. He knows them inside and out. That's why I got my cam and cam gear from him, and will continue to go through him for mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back