F23 Turbo or H22 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowfever

Reaction score
i didnt even read this thread i just want to say that anyone that posted on it thus far is only enabling the fools that started it, I hope your all happy. Our children will all be cursed with this horrible argument and their children and so on and so forth.

valdivia187

Reaction score
Personally, i would go H22, and build that motor, than a turbo F23, the main reason being is that honda never meant to make the F23 a fast motor, or a race motor, However they did intend to make the H22 a fast motor, i just think it would be a better choice in the end, and although the H22 motor isnt as turbo friendly as a F23, that doesnt mean it cant be done, its actually done alot, My friend that has an EK civic with an H22 swap, has just got done putting a turbo kit on it, dont know what he had to do or change though, I just feel that if u build that H22 correctly it would beat a boosted F23, just y opinion may be wrong

See theres one problem... the swap would cost u as much as if u were to fully build the F23 then when u build the H22 you could already have fully boosted ur F23 and then on top of that you would still have to boost ur H22... ur looking at an Extra3k or so! for a few more HP and the H22 would prolly give out faster since it was made for NA builds

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Trust me build and boost, because depending on how you do it or who does it, for a little more than a swap, you can build (mildly) and boost it. (i have a built f23a1 makind 335whp 334wtq) and am soon upgrading for more, i could easily make more if there was a possibility of race/e85 gas more readily available for me....

just do it, h22 has too much extra money it just to get the dang thing in and working, then spend more to build/boost it? why? when you already got the f23 in your car already (for free!)

valdivia187

Reaction score
yea so u suggest just rebuild the block replace pistons and rods? after that boost? thats the idea im getting.. and i belive ill have a everday strong motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back