Frankensteins Official Thread

capsidx

Reaction score
Is it low, or is it just the lip making it look low?

Also, not illegal....so long as it doesn't sound like a lawnmower, you won't get bothered.
Only California will bother you for noise, at least now they will with the new law lol. Also it’s REALLY low. I can fit about 2 fingers between the subframe and the concrete. Maybe three on a good day. As in like two fingers on top of each other. I rarely have issues with bottoming out as well and the roads here are garbage.

Enne

Reaction score
I go up a sudden 20% grade hill every day on my way home from work. It wouldn't survive lmao

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Only California will bother you for noise, at least now they will with the new law lol. Also it’s REALLY low. I can fit about 2 fingers between the subframe and the concrete. Maybe three on a good day. As in like two fingers on top of each other. I rarely have issues with bottoming out as well and the roads here are garbage.

Basically, California told people to stop buying garbage eBay exhausts and get good exhaust setups.

Enne

Reaction score
People are trying to sell stock 4th/5th gen Prelude exhausts for thousands of dollars now because of that lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Is it low, or is it just the lip making it look low?

it's the dip in the parking lot that's making it look low :lawl:

Also, not illegal....so long as it doesn't sound like a lawnmower, you won't get bothered.

actually, it all depends on headlight height. there's a minimum and a maximum in most states...i've only ever seen/heard of california enforcing it though. they're also complete dicks about modified cars, so while it may have been enforced in other states, but it's probably so rare that you don't see droves on people complaining about it online :lawl: also, fuck canadia's car laws too :lawl:

as for tj and his ditch parking...don't be that guy :lawl:

capsidx

Reaction score
it's the dip in the parking lot that's making it look low :lawl:

actually, it all depends on headlight height. there's a minimum and a maximum in most states...i've only ever seen/heard of california enforcing it though. they're also complete dicks about modified cars, so while it may have been enforced in other states, but it's probably so rare that you don't see droves on people complaining about it online :lawl: also, fuck canadia's car laws too :lawl:

as for tj and his ditch parking...don't be that guy :lawl:
California just passed a new law stating that if your car has a modified exhaust or has had a replacement exhaust installed and it’s louder than stock you automatically get a 100 dollar ticket if stopped. They are no longer offering fix it tickets.

Some new attack on anything not electric or remotely cool I’d image. I don’t park in ditches, I park on the opposite end of the planet lol.

capsidx

Reaction score
Mods can consolidate the post if they want but here’s some work I recently did. I got tired of burning through flex pipes (lowest part of the exhaust) so I decided to make a skid plate for the flex pipe. No point in getting a full skid plate and having lower ground clearance. I also port and polished my throttle body. I’ll eventually mirror polish it but it’s more than adequate for now. I’ve also made my own frankenstein intake manifold, my own intake tubing and some other “secret” work.

Since the f20b revs out to 8000 I decided to favor the top end at the expense of the low end. Since it doesn’t make torque there’s no point in trying to increase it. So I’ve lost torque but gained quite a bit of hp. So from the factory the f20b is 180 hp and 145 torque. Currently sitting on 135 torque and 216 hp. Roughly 185-190 to the wheels. Not bad considering with just bolt ons I’d be at around 150 to the wheels. So I’ve been able to get more than the factory hp to the wheels with just bolt ons and some engine work. I can still get more with a p&p manifold, p&p head and cams. Couple that with a tune and I’d be making really good power.

Anyways, cars been great, trouble free for a while now. Had some wiring issues but anyone who follows me on Instagram would know I’ve fixed that finally lol. So I’ve been to “the strip” and I’ve been able to beat the following cars

08 civic si
03 civic si
2016 wrx
2018 mustang eco boost
Acura cl type s
99 cg v6 coupe
And a bunch of others I will name once I find the videos again lol.

77496f2632f0b8b9cfa71c09f9a81166.jpg
bf608ceb9405d7717ca80f1db53249ce.jpg
a0ad11e19619e99e1e56df12ec4f8ff4.jpg
d293ab219af132ede2dc5577edb508ea.jpg
1e34ff37b8bf33a6ec3d7ad516bf5dbf.jpg
e1f12b32bec9b4dbde304e6ee00fcedb.jpg
9492f2c49fcbf741c1bd8ae3cda17d41.jpg
89e5f92a3430d82ddadc96b057f5013b.jpg
fab64e773f934f7cef9312adcb4f7ed2.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Couldn’t pay me to live in California, beautiful scenery but a nazi state for car enthusiasts. :lawl:

capsidx said:
Mods can consolidate the post if they want but here’s some work I recently did. I got tired of burning through flex pipes (lowest part of the exhaust) so I decided to make a skid plate for the flex pipe. No point in getting a full skid plate and having lower ground clearance. I also port and polished my throttle body. I’ll eventually mirror polish it but it’s more than adequate for now. I’ve also made my own frankenstein intake manifold, my own intake tubing and some other “secret” work.
Since the f20b revs out to 8000 I decided to favor the top end at the expense of the low end. Since it doesn’t make torque there’s no point in trying to increase it. So I’ve lost torque but gained quite a bit of hp. So from the factory the f20b is 180 hp and 145 torque. Currently sitting on 135 torque and 216 hp. Roughly 185-190 to the wheels. Not bad considering with just bolt ons I’d be at around 150 to the wheels. So I’ve been able to get more than the factory hp to the wheels with just bolt ons and some engine work. I can still get more with a p&p manifold, p&p head and cams. Couple that with a tune and I’d be making really good power.

Anyways, cars been great, trouble free for a while now. Had some wiring issues but anyone who follows me on Instagram would know I’ve fixed that finally lol. So I’ve been to “the strip” and I’ve been able to beat the following cars

08 civic si
03 civic si
2016 wrx
2018 mustang eco boost
Acura cl type s
99 cg v6 coupe

I don’t think I knew the F20 redlined at 8000, nice.

Hmm CL Type-S needed either a tune up or a driver mod haha. If you’re at 190whp and whatever 135tq minus your drivetrain loss is, the J32a2 makes more of both at 260hp/232tq before drivetrain loss. Granted the CL is a heavier car and if it was auto that didn’t help it either haha.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score

08 civic si
03 civic si
2016 wrx
2018 mustang eco boost
Acura cl type s
99 cg v6 coupe

77496f2632f0b8b9cfa71c09f9a81166.jpg
bf608ceb9405d7717ca80f1db53249ce.jpg
a0ad11e19619e99e1e56df12ec4f8ff4.jpg
d293ab219af132ede2dc5577edb508ea.jpg
1e34ff37b8bf33a6ec3d7ad516bf5dbf.jpg
e1f12b32bec9b4dbde304e6ee00fcedb.jpg
9492f2c49fcbf741c1bd8ae3cda17d41.jpg
89e5f92a3430d82ddadc96b057f5013b.jpg
fab64e773f934f7cef9312adcb4f7ed2.jpg

Nice work on the TB. That thing looked gross!

Couldn’t pay me to live in California, beautiful scenery but a nazi state for car enthusiasts. :lawl:

I'll agree to that!

The sad part is that a lot of the car enthusiast stuff out today started because of California. :sad:

capsidx

Reaction score
Couldn’t pay me to live in California, beautiful scenery but a nazi state for car enthusiasts.
:lawl:

I couldnt agree more. It gets worse every year too. I think people blocking intersections to do burnouts in miatas and stock bmws has something to do with it :lawl:

I don’t think I knew the F20 redlined at 8000, nice.

Yea they redline at 7800 from factory but Honda always sets the redline well before the failure point. I had the guy bump it up by 200 in the basemap but I rarely take it all the way to 8000. Usually 7500 but the f20b is unique because it makes power all the redline. Most 90s Honda’s drop off at like 7500. At least the h series. But theoretically, if I bumped up the redline I could probably make power to 8500-9000 but I won’t subject the engine to that kind of stress. I finally got my dream engine and it’s running right. I don’t want to do any more swaps and I’m sure Andy will have a comment about that one lol.

Hmm CL Type-S needed either a tune up or a driver mod haha. If you’re at 190whp and whatever 135tq minus your drivetrain loss is, the J32a2 makes more of both at 260hp/232tq before drivetrain loss. Granted the CL is a heavier car and if it was auto that didn’t help it either haha.

Yea but the type s has more drivetrain loss and since its auto (it was) and doesn’t have the insane redline, although the shift times on the cL is also minimal. With my current setup I can hit just shy of 80 mph in second gear. But surprisingly I’ve beaten a few cars I shouldn’t have lol. But I can’t speak for the condition of those cars to be honest. A few I can but not all. Looking forward to more engine work in the next few weeks. My only issue now is parts. They’re not so easy to find sometimes. Back to your original point, I don’t think I could beat a cL type s with a 6 speed but if I did lose it wouldn’t be by much. I’ve beaten a 7th gen v6 manual but I think those are still j30s.

Last edited:
Back