FYI: Innovative Mounts

MikeyMike

Reaction score
FYI, they take a while to come, maybe the i4 mounts will be quicker, but me & comptechv6 ordered our mounts at the same time, and they took like 2 months to come in. he said they were worth it tho, mine should be in around august

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We only have one poly insert available as far as I know. So anything is better than that.

They're either powdercoated steel or billet aluminum with whatever hardness urethane you choose to best match your setup.

AFAccord

Reaction score
We only have one poly insert available as far as I know. So anything is better than that.

They're either powdercoated steel or billet aluminum with whatever hardness urethane you choose to best match your setup.

So just curious... for all intents and purposes, what is wrong with poly inserts? They keep the OEM mounts from breaking, they keep the motor from torquing, and they don't wear out. :confused:

NASOHC

Reaction score
OK... I was there today and I'll have a full set ready to install by Tuesday.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So just curious... for all intents and purposes, what is wrong with poly inserts? They keep the OEM mounts from breaking, they keep the motor from torquing, and they don't wear out. :confused:

Nothing, but we only have one available, for the front motor mount, leaving the rest to remain stock and deteriorate with time. Whats wrong with wanting something better? We've see other platforms get billet motor mounts for years...why cant we?

AFAccord

Reaction score
We actually have front and rear. I could care less what it's made of, so long as it doesn't break. Just trying to justify the time, cost, and effort of replacing the OEM w/inserts for something new. :)

MikeyMike

Reaction score
on the v6 the mounts work in this order Front 35%, Rear 45%, Side 20%.

which is why innovative originally didnt fab a side mount. the rear takes the most of the force and is usually the 1st mount to break. once that breaks the other 2 stand no chance at all. the overall goal is to get the engine to move as little as possible.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Ok, I picked up the last mount for test fitment and thus far, pricing will be $320 for the set of 3 (excludes radiator side mount) - possibly less $$$ depending on order quantity. The radiator side mount will be available for an extra cost, don't know how much yet.

Back