Gauge Cluster Advice

DdubTX

Reaction score
Thank you Sir

Here's another video for those who want to see them in action while driving around

In the video your shifter is led as well, how do I replace the shifter lights in an 2002 EX, theres not a visible place to pull the bulbs & replace them, whats the best way to exchange them if any one knows....

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Who the hell are you to talk lets see you post your LED Gauges/Center Console

Who do think was the first person to realize you could use clear red tape on the gauge needles ?

I pulled my needles off fine, and was able to recalibrate all 4 gauges too.

First person to do a full white LED interior ?

Unless you did it in 2006, it wasn't you ;)

Really nice though, I see that their are far nicer bulbs out, I may redo my cluster at some point.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Unless you did it in 2006, it wasn't you ;)

Hola Talontsiawd, actually I think aznfunkyflip might have beat you to the punch think he was the first to do an LED interior way back in 2004. It was actually lfshock's guide (unfortunately full of errors that I too repeated) that gave me the idea to do my gauges.
http://v6performance.net/forums/hid...7-finally-hyperwhite-led-conversion-done.html

I did find out about your thread, but only after I finished my gauges. (Sky99 on V6P provided link in July-August 2008)
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/1407777-post2.html

Heh, I didn't even know 6th gen accord existed until about after I finished.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/1438615-post26.html

I think there were big differences in our approach too.

1) I think your approached used Reflection to try and get even lighting. I used a lot more LED's + paper/plastic filters to diffuse the light evenly

Drill+glue.jpg

foilft4.jpg

2) The gauges don't show up well in pictures but the Climate control shows pretty good idea of how even the lighting is.

Just swapping in LED's will give you something like this
Hotspots.jpg

After adding LEDs, filter etc my interior looks like this ( I still need to figure out how to get my odometer, clock and temperature LCD the same color and brightness though :./ )
Nohotspots.jpg

3) Your needles were red to begin with vs, figuring out ( trial and error) how to get orange -> Red needles

4) I think what I meant by full interior was to swap out every single incandescent bulb to LED in the car, I even swapped out the vanity bulbs :p

vanity.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Hola Talontsiawd, actually I think aznfunkyflip might have beat you to the punch think he was the first to do an LED interior way back in 2004. It was actually lfshock's guide (unfortunately full of errors that I too repeated) that gave me the idea to do my gauges.
http://v6performance.net/forums/hid...7-finally-hyperwhite-led-conversion-done.html

Oh, I know I wasn't the first. I used the link to figure out is was doable.

Props though, yours looks great. I was not meaning to call you out, I just know others had done it before me, but didn't give a good explanation. White is extra challenging because you take out the diffusers. I actually didn't swap out all bulbs for 2 reasons. First, even the few interior lights like the dome and ones by the mirror were not very good back then, so they give me less light. On the vanity, it would have actually bugged people (well, just my girlfriend). Then for any warning/signal, etc lights, I didn't want anything glaring at me when I was driving, plus I did not want to change colors.

You did a really good job though, again, not trying to call you out, I just wasn't the first and I did this way back. I did do this another time already though on another car in about 2000, in blue. Almost nobody had done this back then and were using colored incandescent bulbs which only worked for red very well.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
No worries man, It just pisses me off when people with no experience like YounGLeMoN talk down to people actually doing all the work/testing/experimenting so that the entire community can benefit

I posted this on V6P but I think you guys would appreciate my finished interior

-----------------------------

Interior shot time

As accurate as I could get, this is what my Interior Looks like at night, a bit blurry
P1310426.jpg

Loving the black knobs, might add an LED indicator Later
P1310459.jpg

Day time, still want a DC5 steering wheel
P1300388.jpg

Really like how this picture turned out, better picture of what the custom Iphone Holder I made looks like
P1300385.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Looks great/clean. Do you remember what tape you used for the needles? Either the name or material it was made out of. The tape I used seems to have faded a little bit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I'm going to try and remove the tape I currently have and use yours if I can find it. I just hope the old tape won't take off any of the orange film.

Back