Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (updated 6/25/12)

He hasn't done it yet fellas...

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Ha-ha. Thanks Alex, and 98ExAccordwv, i'll make sure I get video WHEN it happens....

getting closer by the day.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

I'm pumped. Should get everything I need to do prior to the tune done this weekend on Saturday/Sunday and should be ready to go!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well,

Dropping it off this afternoon for the fuel work.

My oil feed line has decided to start leaking as of last night (wonderful news....) and there is an exhaust leak somewhere so i'm not building boost (after the installation of the gaskets at the turbo/manifold and turbo/downpipe). I am going to look at the exhaust leak early afternoon to see if what I think it is (the downpipe gasket POS bought off ebay... ugh) is what is causing the issue.

If I can't get it figured out in time before I drop it off, I am going to have them do the fuel and the oil feed line for me for sure, but possibly have them put a decent 5 bolt downpipe gasket on or give it to me for me to install and just push off the tune date..... until this minor issue is straightened out. We are going to see if we have to push off the tune date a day due to the oil feed line or not...

It's up in the air right now, which blows, but hopefully better news this afternoon. :furious:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Oh damn that blows Devin, if it's not a surging leak - a small release of oil will have no effect on the tune - you just have to make sure it's always full and not getting low, I'm sure you know this already. The exhaust gasket is a definite must-fix.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Alright, so I got the leak fixed just now, gasket wasn't sitting right but its all good now!

As far as the oil, its just a small leak in the line so I'm just going to have them replace that while they do all the fuel upgrades.

Should be sitting much better than I was 4 hrs ago! :D

hopefully more good news to come, going to drop it off in less than an hour!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Thanks Nikita! I am so pumped for this as I am sooooo close!

So, I double checked the exhaust and there are no leaks whatsoever and I'm back in business.

The original plan was for them to start working on it tomorrow, but they said they were ahead of schedule so they were going to start this afternoon on it, so that's sweet. They were going to give me a call tomorrow if anything comes up, but I should still be on for Wednesday at 1030am for the dyno time.

Plus they said they most likely have a -3 turbo oil feed line in their shop so they will just use that which is awesome (and hopefully true, so it doesn't hold anything up for ordering time)!

Hopefully ill have more good news soon!

Oh, plus I switched over to full synthetic Mobil1 oil, and boy does it make a world of a difference!

Last edited:
Back