H22 Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
The H23 and F22 are only here because of their stroker possiblities thats all. The F23 could swap to a bigger aftermarket crank and run 2.5-2.6 liters even though this will require some boring. I'm sure Rod ratio is a bitch on these stroker kits. Even though it does say the bottom end can handle 9k+++ rpms :huh: . I don't know how though.

As far as use just a crank swap to make power check this out>>> http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1399259&page=1
I think thats a HUGE bump in power.

mrm1ke02

Reaction score
This thread is really old but okay. I have a h22 in my fourdoor. I made 195whp with 155tq STOCK INTERNALS. All i had was a 2.5 exhaust piping and a CAI. Tune'd on Crome. But if you're looking to build a h22 NA you wont get anywhere because with that same amount of money rather spend it on a build turbo motor. My set up h23 bottem end with a h22 head. Stock sleeves, piston ,rods, springs, retainers, running on a 60-1 ar.70 turbo. hopping to make 3-400 whp. its in the process right now.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The H23 and F22 are only here because of their stroker possiblities thats all. The F23 could swap to a bigger aftermarket crank and run 2.5-2.6 liters even though this will require some boring. I'm sure Rod ratio is a bitch on these stroker kits. Even though it does say the bottom end can handle 9k+++ rpms :huh: . I don't know how though.

As far as use just a crank swap to make power check this out>>> http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1399259&page=1
I think thats a HUGE bump in power.

Running a crank with a larger stroke doesn't require boring, it might require notching parts of the block for clearance of the crank though. There's ways around getting a better R/S ratio.

And no wonder that guy is making huge power w/ just a swap of the crank/rods - He's always in Vtec, which is only good for a drag car.

"- Locked VTEC/JDM cams"

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
The F23 could swap to a bigger aftermarket crank and run 2.5-2.6 liters even though this will require some boring.

Running a crank with a larger stroke doesn't require boring, it might require notching parts of the block for clearance of the crank though.
With that much stroke for the numbers above your pistons would be sooo far out of the hole you couldn't get the head on. You would need some kind of cylinder boring to get even close to 2.5-2.6 liters.
And no wonder that guy is making huge power w/ just a swap of the crank/rods - He's always in Vtec, which is only good for a drag car.

"- Locked VTEC/JDM cams"
:wtf1: Are you kidding me??? VTEC is VTEC weather the cams are locked or not. All he is doing is engaging the bigger lobe through out his power range. Never have I seen evidence that locking the cams in VTEC will net you any more max power. Your not going to gain anything on the top end where all of his power is anyways because you are in no way changing the cam profile. The only thing locking the cams would do is change his power band not over all power.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With that much stroke for the numbers above your pistons would be sooo far out of the hole you couldn't get the head on. You would need some kind of cylinder boring to get even close to 2.5-2.6 liters.

DUH, get longer rods and shorter pistons or vice versa. Of course you have to bore to get that much displacement but just running a larger crank doesnt require boring.

:wtf1: Are you kidding me??? VTEC is VTEC weather the cams are locked or not. All he is doing is engaging the bigger lobe through out his power range. Never have I seen evidence that locking the cams in VTEC will net you any more max power. Your not going to gain anything on the top end where all of his power is anyways because you are in no way changing the cam profile. The only thing locking the cams would do is change his power band not over all power.

Regardless of how much or where the power is, its not a streetable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back