h22a

Status
Not open for further replies.

98sleeper

Reaction score
awesome, i see, i like this site the best too. it's just for 6th gen accords! we should create a club. most of ya'll are up aren't you?

acrod99

Reaction score
^i'd join if this ever turned into a club type deal (hint hint). but can i be in 2 clubs? since i'm the co-pres of Homemade Customs CC? Hmmm...

retroshark

Reaction score
hey 98sleeper, just been reading thre thread, heres my 2 cents...

when i got into the tuning scene, i heard all the talk about h22's. i was all ready to go and get a whole JDM h22 hookup and then someone enlightened me. if you didnt know, the f series honda engines (all accord motors) have much lower compression then the H series motors (preludes). yeah they make about +50hp at the crank over the accord motors but they are not good for turbos. when i was deciding between FI or NA i was advised to build up my f23 and just boost it. youll make a lot more power for a lot less. i dont know where people get these numbers from but an h22 with tranny, ecu and everything is gonan be aroun 1700 shipped. if its a j-spec its gonna be upwards of 2 g's. then you have the posibilty of having to do an obd2 - obd1 conversion, plus new ecu and all that. not to mention getting it swapped. its gonan cost a lot of money to do a swap like that. yeah its gonna make a lot more power n/a but stick with the f series. get a good turbo kit and start building up your bottom end, and get good EMS then turn your boost up and youll be smokin.

justvtec

Reaction score
still they bad *** as in engine only(not like those factory turbos car)

retroshark

Reaction score
yea they are powerful engines stock, but unless your keeping it naturally aspirated, its not the best choice.

Sonnick

Reaction score
retroshark is right...h22's are not great for turbo unless you build the balls out of it. there was one fully built h22 turbo on ebay (its under eye candy) running 11's, but that must have costed a fortune. h22 NA can be fast too, some guy is running 12.4 i believe NA h22. F23 can be made fast as well, both NA and turbo, just requires $$. If you got the bills, go for it. i wish i could. if i had 20 large ones, i would buy a new f23 block, bore it out, stroke to 2.5 L, port and polish heads, some 11:1 compression pistons, rods, cam, cam gears...blah blah you know what im getting at. just to prove f23 NA can run 12's. cuz people say the f block sucks, what do you expect from sohc ulev? but with some serious cash, there is hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back