Header worth it?

is sacrificing low end gains and money worth the high end gains and looks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
4-2-1 headers,sri and catless cat with an o2 fooler, will give u more torque and mid end power. I have a megan 4-2-1 header.catless cat,CAI and AEM CAM gear. I do have more torque and mid range power. I beat my friends accord merging on the free-way pretty badly. He was running stock.

Be extreamly picky. Our domestic accords are tuned for economical, more so than performance so getting more power of this engine N/A is kinda like squeezing blood out of a turn-up. You have to do ur reasearch and buy the good brands to get any kind of gains. As far as exhaust goes, id wait for the cat-back. If u want guaranteed power, torque gains and mid to high end gains. Id suggest a Mugen Twin loop exhaust custom cat back exhaust. It cost around 900$ but i saw one go on ebay for 500$. It's well worth the money and it's not loud and annoying like all other honda's but at the same time it makes ur car sound nice.

IMO, to turbo your car the "right way" cost more than just dropping a h22 in your car. Pluss N/A is generally cheaper to maintain than turbo. Turbo's are sweet but it depends on your budget. I'm trying to avoid torque loss as i dont want to run my car up to red-line every-time I need some power.Thats why I suggested a mugen twin loop exhaust as its tuned by Honda. I hope this helps you out....good luck bro

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mugen doesn't make a twin loop for our cars and if you do see one, its a generic muffler.

coloradoavs97

Reaction score
money isnt an option, i already have plans for stechs and blues during my winter break, and turbo is not an option, i just want to hear peoples opinions on whether or not i should purchase a header with my plans of a catback and i'm going to look into cams as well.

thanks for the inputs,

i also feel that this thread will help others in their path for a header or not, as seen by pattwak

feel free to keep them coming.

pattywak

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for that.

And for me the thing is since I have to live with emissions, I have to get the DC Sports header which is like 300-400 brand new...that could be money towards another aspect of my car I haven't modified much yet.

bigcoz

Reaction score
same here man, if i want to get a header, im afraid i have to dole out the $$$ for that SS header from DC sports, don't know of any others that fit the ULEV:sad:

pattywak

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kinda limiting. If I could get one of those $150< header like Megan Racing or something else that was still good I would be leaning more towards one, but right now it's a little pricey.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you guys have inspections in TN and NY for aftermarket mods? There shouldnt be any reason why you shouldnt be able to pass emissions with any header, doesnt necessarily have to be a DC sports just b/c it has the CARB certification.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
TN has smog inspection including cat converter check, but no aftermarket modifications inspection. TN checks OBD and some gas tank tech check - dunno term -.

I passed with my V6 with almost every bolt on, including UNICHIP.

oh yeah, grab the header..it does increase performance. Maybe not much for your engine, but it helps.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea thats the same check we have here in OH. They dont even check very well, I passed the cat test w/ no cat.

Back