Header worth it?

is sacrificing low end gains and money worth the high end gains and looks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
if u want more power peice together a turbo and run low boost. Or port and polish ur head and build ur engine block for higher compression, or the opposite for a legit turbo build. I regret putting an intake 4-2-1 header,catless cat and aem cam gear, i could have saved my money for dropping in an h22 now that my tranny is going kaput. I spent roughly 600$ on engine and exhaust mods for probably a 10hp gain. When I could have doubled that and had a turbo. Hmmm sounds obvious to me.:lolhitting: I have entertained the idea of buying a v6 and doing a 6speed swap. I saw one for 4,500 with only 64k miles 1999 lx coupe. But it was sold in like one day....

Last edited:

Accord4U2NV

Reaction score
at one point i had 140.1hp and 140ftlbs with AEM Cold Air, DC Headers 4-2-1, AEM Cam Gear, B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, and 5Zigen exhaust, all archived with DYNO TIME before that i was sittin" at 121hp and 135ftlbs you can have mods but without getting it DYNO Tuned its worthless and just looks pretty

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
at one point i had 140.1hp and 140ftlbs with AEM Cold Air, DC Headers 4-2-1, AEM Cam Gear, B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, and 5Zigen exhaust, all archived with DYNO TIME before that i was sittin" at 121hp and 135ftlbs you can have mods but without getting it DYNO Tuned its worthless and just looks pretty

Is there a way to tune OBD2

AFAccord

Reaction score
Is there a way to tune OBD2

By the average joe, no. You can use a 'piggyback' unit to fool the ECU into making changes to fuel, but that's not really tuning IMO. OBD2 ECUs are too smart for their own good, and often revert back to a mild ignition map when the sensor inputs are altered, making the performance even worse than it originally was.

I honestly can't comprehend someone paying for expensive dyno time to tune a piggyback. :duckhunt:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
By the average joe, no. You can use a 'piggyback' unit to fool the ECU into making changes to fuel, but that's not really tuning IMO. OBD2 ECUs are too smart for their own good, and often revert back to a mild ignition map when the sensor inputs are altered, making the performance even worse than it originally was.

I honestly can't comprehend someone paying for expensive dyno time to tune a piggyback. :duckhunt:

Its probably not worth it your right. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to tune my car with an obd2 computer. I like my car the way it is. It's not the fastest car in the world but it does sound nice with my mods and get up and move when I want it to. I wish I had time to convert to OBD2 but I don't

flashmatrix

Reaction score
Well as for a header barely producing any power on the H23, think of it this way.....your at least lightening up the car by removing the heavy *** stock exhaust manifold. :action-smiley-042:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its probably not worth it your right. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to tune my car with an obd2 computer. I like my car the way it is. It's not the fastest car in the world but it does sound nice with my mods and get up and move when I want it to. I wish I had time to convert to OBD2 but I don't

lol...what?!

Back