Helmet for autocross

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find one much cheaper than where I bought mine. Maybe summit racing, but doubtful.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Ebay for the win (depending on the size you need)! I used my motorcycle helmet for awhile, but when we moved to Colorado they actually checked helmets and mine wasn't approved. I had to borrow an open face one and I liked it MUCH better than a closed one.

small, open face

large, closed face

Last edited:

AngusTEx

Reaction score
M95 rated helmets won't be allowed next year when the M2010 rolls out. At least in my region.

I too got a cheap HJC full closed face motorcycle helmet from eBay since I ride too. Need to invest in an Arai. :skurred:
I have no problem with this on in the car. I should check out the open faced.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Cool. Zamp has a nice looking helmet line, but I never liked the fitment of them.

For anyone else looking to buy a helmet, make sure you find a local supplier and TRY ON THE EXACT MODEL BEFORE ORDERING.

Not all helmets are made the same. For example the difference between the HJC AR-10 and AR-11 is the width of the helmet. If you have a wider head the AR-10 fits better.

Because 2010 is right around the Corner you will want to make sure you pick up a SA or M 2005 helmet. SA is rated for cars... cages etc, M is motorcycle. You can use a M helmet in a car without a cage.

If you are only going to buy for next year though, it would be best to wait, as Snell 2010 is coming out.

Helmet standards with car clubs and events are generally good for 1 previous model year. Since Snell 2005 is Current, they accept Snell 2000. After the Snell 2010 model comes out you will be REQUIRED to upgrade if you have a Snell 2000 Helmet.

What this means is that even if you bought your helmet LAST YEAR, if for some reason it was Snell 2000, you need to upgrade.

Back