honda accord ex capilers too big?

mistersl0w

Reaction score
I have a 2001 honda accord ex v6 sedan. i bought some acura rsx rims and they fit perfectly on my rear but when i put it on the front, the calipers rub on the rims. The calipers literally trimmed the inside of the rim. Is anyone else having problems like this?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Those rims are 17x7 I think, but what is the offset? Sounds like you might need a small spacer up front.

Check Raymond and Juicebox00's members ride thread, they're running RSX wheels.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Shouldn't need more than 5mm spacers, unless you want to push your wheels out to the fenders more.

Fuzz

Reaction score
The issue with spacers remember is that it takes away the available stud length to properly attach the wheels.

You want to make sure you get at least 5 (FIVE) complete turns of the nut. Anything less you are risking snapping off the nut and loosing the wheel.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
The issue with spacers remember is that it takes away the available stud length to properly attach the wheels.

You want to make sure you get at least 5 (FIVE) complete turns of the nut. Anything less you are risking snapping off the nut and loosing the wheel.

^ This. You don't want to risk your life or the life of others. Or the life of your accord either!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
5mm spacer. Stock studs. Problem solved. :coffee:

And a heads up for the future.... when trying new wheels ALWAYS try spinning them by hand once they are on the car and checking for any fitment issues with brake clearance or fender clearance.

mistersl0w

Reaction score
thank you guys. Real help, but has anyone encountered this problem before? will 5mm spacers give me enough room to put the rims on?

Back