Horray new dyno numbers come look

retroshark

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
a cai and colder plugs is all you need to use nitrous. I did not specify what kinda shot, I know many guys that have used a 75 shot on their engine with just bolts ons and plugs.hell you can run a low shot of nitrous on a completely stock motor. Now youre trying to compare that to a turbo build with low psi as the same degree of difficulty. now that is ridiculous. seriously, ask turbo owners how "easy" their "bolt on" turbo was.

now lets use demon5spd as an example. what exactly is "required" to use a 100+ shot of nitrous.

nitrous build:

Bolt ons
forged pistons
forged rods
fuel pump
chipped ecu + good tune

now lets look at retrosharks part list for a turbo build:

F23a 2.3l Vtec Motor
F22 Intake Manifold and Fuel Rail
Garrett t3-super60 Turbo
Tial 35mm Wastegate
HKS Super-Sequential Blowoff-Valve
Flowmatched DSM 450cc injectors
Spooling Performance Manifold
Hallman Manual Boost Controller
Xenocron 225lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
CCA Custom Intercooler
Custom Aluminum Charge Piping
Signal Oil Catch Can
Stealthmode Oil Lines and Fittings
OBD1 Honda Injector Box
XTD Stage 2 Clutch
XTD Lightweigt 10lbs FLywheel
Chipped P28 ECU Running Uberdata
OBDII-OBDI Conversion Harness
APEXi Super Mega-Flow Air Filter
Open Dump

not including all the work and parts needed when he builds his bottom end.

sounds easy huh?

i honestly have no idea what point you were trying to make from this, but your right, its hard to turbo a motor, its not a bolt on affair, and neither is nitrous.

as you said you can run a dry kit and literally bolt it on and run a 50 shot and be fine, same with at turbo. its more work but you can bolt it on and run it but itll be ****ty.

building a motor compaired to installing and tuning a turbo setup is completely different though. there are things inside the engine that have to be so precise. torque specs own most people who try building engines that blow up after a little. its not an easy task and requires a lot of extra tools.

i think the way you need to look at it is this:

building a motor to handle a lot of nitrous or a lot of boost is the same deal. forged internals and sleeves etc. its the same principal.

putting a basic 50 shot on your car is 1000x easier than a basic turbo setup, but a 50 shot on a stock motor is nothing special, a turbo is.

Hlover

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
dude, you totally missed my point. I am no way making a personal statment against you or your financial situaition. I was arguing agaionst the cnent of your post, nowhere did I attack you as a person. I dont know why you took it that way. and no... im not a spoiled little rich white boy, im far from it. first of all im not spoiled, im definately not white (are you assuming only white people can be rich and spoiled), and im definetely not rich. :D

In fact you actally proved my point on accident. You said you mod your accord because you love it. Even though according to you, youre not rich, and it takes money to mod. where you can get a cheaper faster car or not mod it at all and save money.

This is the point I was trying to make. Some people like the permanent power and the process of builiding their engine, they dont do it becuae one cost less than the other. They know its cheaper to go with nitrous but they still choose to spend more money, even though its not rational, to build their motor. Because they "love" it and have a passion for it.

Same thing with your situation, you mod your accord becaue you love it. Even though its not rational because you can spend the same money on a lighter cheaper car and be even faster. But you still choose to mod the accord because you love it. Thats why people choose to build because they love it, no matter how irrational or stupid financial wise it is. This is the same reason why people choose the hard more expensive route over the cheapersone. I hope you see the parallel im trying to make here.

listen man i am not saying that you are a rich white boy all I'm saying is that that is the way you are coming across to me. That is why I ask you if you were rich or had one good a$$ job because the way your comment sounded was like if money was never and issue. But the truth is money is and issue and it could be a big issue to some of us all the time. oh and the reason I said rich white boy is because lets face it the majority of very wealthy people are white. hey I'm rican my self and I know that it could be very hard for minorities to make it big with out being famous. I'm just saying most of the times the people who spend a lot of money on a car and dont care what happens to it is a spoiled young white boy. I'm sorry but is the truth. Any way i still think that NOS is a better way if done right simply because a street car does not get the chance to use all that power unless they are being race. know if the car is build for track use only then yes turbo would be a better way to go because it would be more cost affective.

Egi7

Reaction score
Hlover, and theAccordian, please lets stay on the thread topic. You are hijacking it, and will never come to a compromise on your argument. We are waiting on demon5spd's answer on how he got 189hp out of his F23 (specific details). Considering that stock H23/vtecs pull 185 hp to the wheels. Your nitrous dyno is very believable, especially with a 125 shot, but 189 all motor horsepower f23 has to be confirmed, with atleast specific details on how you got. What I mean by that is, compression, cams specs (duration lift, intake,exhuast), head work, tuning software, etc. I trust that you will get back to us on these details.

-Thanks

theaccordian

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
Hlover, and theAccordian, please lets stay on the thread topic. You are hijacking it, and will never come to a compromise on your argument.

Demon5spd youre thread has been hijacked, please leave $1,000,000 in twenty dollar bills in a white bag behind the dumpster of the seven eleven, listen to our demands and your thread will be returned to you unharmed. :D

haha jk. yeah we're going around in circles, lets agree to disagree.

demon5spd we're waiting...

Last edited:

demon5spd

Reaction score
WOW i leave for a couple days and the thread blows up LOL well i just got back from california to visit my wife parents, i took a 2 weeks off from work and decided me and my wife it was road trip time LOL we were going to take her Neon since i just built the accord and were afraid of something going wrong since the built is so new.

But now the built has right at 4,000 miles on it and it runs great , it never stumbled or misfired once I love my car it feels like it's even faster since the built i'm heading to the dyno again tomorrow and will now get my final tune in since the motor and clutch is broken in, the only down fall with the built is that i have no traction where i used to be able to floor it in first and second i have to baby it alittle above 5,000 or the tires break loose, Are goal is 200 whp N/A---- 350whp with nitrous were going to bump the shot to 150.

I'm told that the internals should hold 500whp so i should be good there, the only problem is that i were not sure how much the intake manifold can flow i know that we some honda's I.E. civic and what not can only flow about 300hp with the stock manifold after that the # 3 cyclinder will start to run lean it sounds weird but it happens.

So i ordered a venom H23 intake manifold that were going to install to hopefully keep there from being a problem, i can now say that the stock f23 internals can hold 200whp for a quite a while since they were being beat on by nitrous for the past couple years LOL and when we gutted the engine the ring lands were in good shape and the engine looked great inside and this was with a motor hitting 91,000.

So i hope to report back tomorrow with great news talk to you guys later.

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
demon5spd said:
WOW i leave for a couple days and the thread blows up LOL well i just got back from california to visit here parents, i took a 2 weeks off from work and decided me and my wife it was road trip time LOL we were going to take her Neon since i just built the accord and were afraid of something going wrong since the built is so new.

But now the built has right at 4,000 miles on it and it runs great , it never stumbled or misfired once I love my car it feels like it's even faster since the built i'm heading to the dyno again tomorrow and will now get my final tune in since the motor and clutch is broken in, the only down fall with the built is that i have no traction where i used to be able to floor it in first and second i have to baby it alittle above 5,000 or the tires break loose, Are goal is 200 whp N/A---- 350whp with nitrous were going to bump the shot to 150.

I'm told that the internals should hold 500whp so i should be good there, the only problem is that i were not sure how much the intake manifold can flow i know that we some honda's I.E. civic and what not can only flow about 300hp with the stock manifold after that the # 3 cyclinder will start to run lean it sounds weird but it happens.

So i ordered a venom H23 intake manifold that were going to install to hopefully keep there from being a problem, i can now say that the stock f23 internals can hold 200whp for a quite a while since they were being beat on by nitrous for the past couple years LOL and when we gutted the engine the ring lands were in good shape and the engine looked great inside and this was with a motor hitting 91,000.

So i hope to report back tomorrow with great news talk to you guys later.

so the question is did you attain 189 NA whp with stock compression or were the pistons high comp? im not calling bs but its hard to believe that that you went from 137 whp to 189 whp with the gude cam and bored head and tb on top of the f23's low compression.I know youre telling the truth but I need details. 189 na whp on a f23 has to ve some kinda record. I just want to have you specify because Im thinking of doing a similar NA build. thanks

Last edited:

Egi7

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
We are waiting on demon5spd's answer on how he got 189hp out of his F23 (specific details). Considering that stock H23/vtecs pull 185 hp to the wheels. Your nitrous dyno is very believable, especially with a 125 shot, but 189 all motor horsepower f23 has to be confirmed, with atleast specific details on how you got. What I mean by that is, compression, cams specs (duration lift, intake,exhuast), head work, tuning software, etc. I trust that you will get back to us on these details.

-Thanks

Demon5spd, the question is still waiting

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Egi7 said:
Your nitrous dyno is very believable, especially with a 125 shot, but 189 all motor horsepower f23 has to be confirmed, with atleast specific details on how you got. What I mean by that is, compression, cams specs (duration lift, intake,exhuast), head work, tuning software, etc. I trust that you will get back to us on these details.

-Thanks

Compression - unknown - its been asked like 3 times, me being the first.
Cam Specs - go back a page
Head work - go to the first page
Tuning - go to the first page

Egi7

Reaction score
demon5spd said:
my stock manifold is port and polished but if the runners are bigger i might be able to gain some more power from it, as far as ecu goes i'm running a programble ecu so i can customize quite a bit but i'll check in on the manny.
BlkCurrantKord, he didnt post anything about head work ie: being ported an polished, secondly he says he is running a programmable ecu. That does not tell us what he is running, I mean what software is it, AEM standalone, Hondata, obd1 conversion to Uberdata, sh*t a VAFC hack. Thirdly those cam spec posted by theAccordian are specs he got of the Gude site. Gude offers many different specs than the ones displayed on the accord section, plus demon5spd didnt confirm that the specs theAccordian listed were indeed his. Finally he still hasent gave us the specs on his compression, which plays a huge role. I mean, we are talking about a jump from 130 hp to 189, thats a 59 hp all motor increase.
If he can back his all motor dyno up with, at least detailed specs, or a dyno sheet, then I will give him credit

-peace

Back