Horray new dyno numbers come look

Hlover

Reaction score
well going back to the nos vs turbo issue this is what I think. If i could get 300+HP with out having to spend so much money then that is what I'm going to do. turbo cars are great but the truth is that we will have to spend so much money just to be able to get the same results. Take retroshark for example he has spend most likely twice what demon has spend on his build and he is no were near the power that demon got. Besides who care if you got 300HP all the time or if you got it only when you spray it only maters that you have it when you race, any other time it is useless.

theaccordian

Reaction score
to most people cost effectiveness isnt the bottom line. if it was the end all, no one would do NA builds, cause it has the lowest cost to hp ratio. its the build and the process aspect thats most important.

this is the same argument domestic e thugs use on imports vs. domestics debates. when they say we spent only spent x amount of money for x amount of hp, where imports have to spend double the money to get the same power. tehrfore domestics are superior because they dont have to spend that much money to get more power. I hate that logic.

hell if money was top prioirty this thread wouldnt even exist, its a waste of money in the first place to try to mod a 3,000+ lbs family car. everyone would be driving around in POS gutted crx's with an engine swap because its "cheaper"

money isnt the bottom line.

Last edited:

Hlover

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
to most people cost effectiveness isnt the bottom line. if it was the end all, no one would do NA builds, cause it has the lowest cost to hp ratio. its the build and the process aspect thats most important.

this is the same argument domestic e thugs use on imports vs. domestics debates. when they say we spent only spent x amount of money for x amount of hp, where imports have to spend double the money to get the same power. tehrfore domestics are superior because they dont have to spend that much money to get more power. I hate that logic.

hell if money was top prioirty this thread wouldnt even exist, its a waste of money in the first place to try to mod a 3,000+ lbs family car. everyone would be driving around in POS gutted crx's with an engine swap because its "cheaper"

money isnt the bottom line.
Ok man let me ask you this are you rich or do you have a job that pays you a hole lot of money? You say that money is not a priority well you know what you are sadly mistaken because money is a priority. You know I hate when people say stuff like that because some of us have bust are a$$ to make what little money we have. You know saying that comment makes you sound like a spoiled little rich white boy that has mommy and daddy to give him every thing that he wants. I cant say that you are but that is the way you are coming across to me. Also you say that its a waste of money to try and mod a 3,000+lbs family car well let me ask you this why do you do it. I think the answer to that question at least from my point of view is that we do it for two reason. One because we love accords like me and two because that is what we can afford right now. Besides who cares if it is family sedan pretty much every car out their is a family car because to be a true sports car it would have to be a two door and a two seat er car. so that is my point I think that it is best to try to go the cheap way but the right way to be able to accomplish our goals because most of us dont have rich parents or make 1000 dollars a week and have no bills to pay.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First warning

Keep a level head in here, no more personal attacks. I see it again, I dont care who it is, you all get a week ban.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i agree, calm down Hlover

back to topic since i have yet to respond. nos is good in some aspects. initially cheap, easy to install, great power to cost ratio.

yet in a race, point to point, 5 mile, turbo would ultimatly prevail due to the lack of nos out of a 10 bottle. when the nos runs out, he still has 189 whp which is good, just not as good as a turbo's 250+

in the hands of ppl who know how to use nos, wet & fogger, it is great to have.

turbo is good, cost a **** load more and u must know a lot to do it. the reward is great out of it.

N/a IS THE BEST WAY. it cost the most, but the power is there all the time without lag or running out of spray. there is little to no loss of torque with a good n/a build. i was in a turbo'd accord(275whp) that lost to another cb7 n/a (220whp).

MOney.... the root of all evil. without money, your car would not go anywhere. i work 2 jobs, i go to school and it will still take me a good little bit to do a turbo build. BUT... i would do a NA build if i had the right engine. f series = bad engine / sohc = sucks.

now to Hlover = If u go cheap early, youll pay for it later. even with demons build. nos needs to be refilled which is a lot of money over time. over the same period of time, both Turbo and nos would cost the same.

so... we need to understand something.

My car will be faster than all of yalls when its done..... BUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jeffro

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
My car will be faster than all of yalls when its done..... BUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

lol...

IMO, Nitrous is your quick and "easy" option, while turbo is going to take you longer, but will last you longer. No matter which you use, you're going to have to know what you're doing. IMO, Turbo takes a lot more "know how" to keep running optimally, and a lot more time, but its not like it can't be done.

In the end, My car will be slower than all of ya'll's.... But I have a 5-speed, so I don't care about anyones automatic... BUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
nitrous does require less effort, and does cost less money up front.

but I agree with Handoex, that doesn't mean its fair to say all nitrous setups are just "boltons with colder plugs". I know what accordian was getting about turbo vs. nitrous, and obviously if both cost the same amount of money 99% of people would pick turbo over nitrous, but the fact is they don't cost the same.

It's also true that the size of the shot you plan on running DOES directly affect how long you can plan on your motor being around if you don't take the proper steps to prevent a catastrophe. This guy did, his motor IS built to handle a the bigger shot. I ran a 75 wet shot just bolt-on, and IMO a 75 shot is the most I would ever want to run on our motors w/o any other steps. If you tried running a 125shot on our cars with just colder plugs, I wouldn't expect things to hold out for very long.

There is another advantage to his setup over a turbo setup though that no one has mentioned yet (other than cost). There's no lag with nitrous. Off the line, this car would probably demolish a turbo setup even if they were running a small trim. In a race with a full bottle :p I'd put my money on this car over almost every turbo'd accord I've seen so far (in a straight line, obviously).

all that aside though, I think 190whp n/a is the more impressive number anyways, and would rather hear more about his n/a build than nitrous vs. turbo discussions

kapao818

Reaction score
damn it...i need money for high compression pistons and for a cam regrind. i want to make 190whp.

Egi7

Reaction score
Iam still waiting on the detailed engine specs for his 189hp dyno pull. It really interests me.

Back