How much do you spend on other hobbies?

DrOwZee

Reaction score
my hobbies arnt as expensive as u guys hobbies but hobbies are hobbies. i skate as in skateboard. a complete set goes up to bout 150 for the good stuff. i am currently dancing rite now. thats kinda free i guess. only u really need to pay for are the entry fees at jams and gear such as elbow pads and knee pads. they arnt nessary though, but they help. i go fishing alot toO! love fishing for em trouts! even though its only farm raised trouts stocked in local parks. lol jsut recently got into snowboarding last year. bought a board/bindings/boots from my cuzins bf for 250. cnt wait for this seasoN!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
vinyl :skurred: so far, the most ive spent on one album was $25 so that was a pretty good value (brand new, new posters, i unwrapped it and i spun it first :) )

my new stylus (aka needle) cost $50 alone...

Vinyl.......That killls me. I don't spend more than $5 unless it's something i really want. Half my records are $1 or less. But half my records cost $1000, i didn't even account for that lol. I only use M44-7's, not that expensive for needles.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
my hobbies arnt as expensive as u guys hobbies but hobbies are hobbies. i skate as in skateboard. a complete set goes up to bout 150 for the good stuff.

Try having pop at 200lbs. Deck lasted me a week most. 14 years, i quit last year. Kind of sad actually. I basically have to go though alot of physical therapy to really be able to skate without having injuries that will last me a lifetime at this point, or so i've been told.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the issue i keep coming across is that the albums i want...are the albums lots of others want. i have to pay more to get ones actually playable, which sucks. i do have some goodwill/st vinnys records that play ok for $2...

my cartridge is an m44e from the late 60s lol...i could have converted to a newer one for a newer needle but eh...the n55 stylus sounds good. the table was free cause it was just sitting in my parents basement :lawl:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ryan, what are you using vinyl for, just out of curiousity? I make beats, sample heavy, i'm not a dj per say (though i can do some things, never took it seriously).

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lol i guess just "enjoyment" putting it through some 80s hifi equipment, keeping it all original. (i dont think id go so far as to call it "audiophile" listening since im cheap)...the speakers i have my table hooked to now are pretty good, even though i cheat by having a modern 10" sub.

next up is finding another vintage receiver and turntable. already got some huge onkyo speakers, perfect for the old school setup in the bedroom.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paintball...maybe a few hundred in my guns/gear. I used to collect baseball cards, not so much anymore. Rafting, car mods.

Last edited:

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
Ehh some bboying here and there aka break dancing. Spend about a few going to events but thats about it. I'm not very good but my invert poses are pretty deep.

finch13

Reaction score
Before I could drive I sunk all my pennies into R/C cars...

I've got a HPI Rush 2WD stadium truck that's completely carbon fiber and aluminum with all the goodies on it (FM radio, high torque BB servos, new engine, etc) worth about $1300 total.

Second car is an HPI Micro RS4, bought the kit and a shiet ton of goodies for it. Worth about $500 total.

I also have photography now so I've sunk a good $2000 into that (rough estimate).

Ah cars, I put probably around $2500 into my 5th gen Accord... most of the parts transferred over to the 6GA, so I've really only dropped ~$1000 into the new one. Going to sink about $750 in dampers and camber correction over the winter so I can just drop it and be done with it.

Back