How to clean under the hood

Atreidies

Reaction score
3000 psi pressure washer, blow dry with the air hose, wd-40 to make it all pretty. We never do at the shop, but if you want, you can bag the things you are scared about getting wet.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Why the fk would you bump this old-*** thread? Also your info is wrong and hazardous. Bay should be washed with pressure, but not a 3000PSI pressure washer! That's how things get broken, and short-circuit. And the fact that your shop doesn't take precautions makes me glad I don't know the name of it because it would be bad for the BBB to find out about it. WD-40 is corrosive, and not good for painted surfaces. Why would you ruin someones engine bay with it? Damn son.. :boo:

cajun

Reaction score
Under "How not to clean under the hood..."

I test drove an 05 Accord recently at a Lexus dealer. The engine bay was spotless and everything shined like new. When I pulled the ATF dipstick a bunch of white flakes jumped out at me. This stuff was caked on the plug and I could see a bunch of it in the fill neck. I'm guessing they had the stick partially out while they sprayed whatever all over the bay.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Ya know I was thinking, I know it's one of those "As Seen On TV" things, but that waterjet looks like it'd be perfect for this. More pressure than a garden hose but less than a pressure washer. What do you guys think? Worth the cash?

Atreidies

Reaction score
Um, not sure if you realize, but it puts out 3k psi at the tip. It backs off a little when you hold it a few feet away.

And we don't dip the front end in wd-40, just spray the plastic.

But you're right. At least 8 cars a day, 6 days a week, for the last 9 years, and not one problem. But you know better than me.

And if you think the BBB is actually effective, you are seriously deluded. When is the last time you did a background check with the BBB before you did business with someone? C'mon.

Oh, and the thread started in 4/08, last post before mine was 8/09, so what's your problem again?

Last edited:

johnnythao

Reaction score
i used super clean/purple power and a high pressure wash make sure u can cover ur alternator
*note
as soon as u spray the super clean or purple power which ever one u use, around any paint surface like where your struts mount, spray it off within 30 seconds so it wont eat ur paint"
after that i used a product from autozone called CD2 its a engine clear coating sort of thing because when u wash ur engine the intake gonna look fuzzy white metal color (i have a v6) and bam my engine looks new!

Back