i need ideas!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the rear deck has the torsion bars for the trunk...

i'm also assuming the box is tall enough that it's almost to the rear deck, so even converting to trunk struts wouldn't leave much room...

sdhaney

Reaction score
that floor looks sick, ill probably combine what he did along with the floor lashlee has in his now. i like how in lashlees he made panels to get to the amps. now i just need to see if 2 12" L5's will fit in the spare tire hole. im thinkin ill just sell the box i havelol. this looks way cleaner!

also- whats the best way to make the sub box portion of the floor? ive never built a box before, but i want to give it a try.

thanks for all the help btw!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i'd really move away from the kickers, especially in a little spot like the tire well. i wouldn't even do 1 10" kicker in there. they need BIG homes.

you would want to fiberglass the bottom portion of the tire well, then use MDF as your baffle for mounting the sub. that is the most ideal way, but not the easiest/fastest. any other way won't turn out as well.

sdhaney

Reaction score
what you guys think of a false floor for the amps but keep the kickers in the box? then i have some trunk space, and i don't have to get rid of the kickers. i like em. lol

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Check out my cardomain page, the trunk is on page 5. I've got pics of the last two setups I used in the trunk. Let me if you've got any questions.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3014926
posted at the same time as me :lawl:

i forgot what your ID setup looked like :lawl:
what you guys think of a false floor for the amps but keep the kickers in the box? then i have some trunk space, and i don't have to get rid of the kickers. i like em. lol
the "front" part of the trunk closest to the seats is the tallest portion of the trunk, so there should be room right on top of the spare tire to hide the amps.

the floor might be raised a little but it's hard to see. mine's raised like 2" and you can't really tell. my false floor sucks...its getting ripped out once its over 50 degrees...

sdhaney

Reaction score
Check out my cardomain page, the trunk is on page 5. I've got pics of the last two setups I used in the trunk. Let me if you've got any questions.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3014926

how did you get your floor to match up to the wall of the trunk so well? thats exactly what i want to do in my car, just where you have your subs im going to put my amps, and just keep the box against the back seat so i almost have some trunk space.

PaulD

Reaction score
I mounted my amps and processor to the drivers side wall in the trunk

this what it looks like
6214300065_large.jpg

this is with cover on it
6214300097_large.jpg

sdhaney

Reaction score
quick question befor i make a trip to home depot- since im just making the floor for the amps, can i just get a sheet of 1/4" plywood, trace the stock floor cover on itand cut it out, and suspend the amps on a like a shelf underneath and have removable panels on top like lashlee's or is that a bad idea?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i personally would go with 1/2" plywood.

you could mount them from below, ya.

Back