I thought we wanted to keep the classifieds clean?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I think you SHOULD chime in if a members is ripping people off. The last thing we want our users to be ripped off.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
imo the buyer should always search around...

price issues should probably be kept to PM. the seller will realize that no ones buying it soon enough ;)

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
^
A while ago, I remember seeing a FS ad for Aluminum Accord Pedals for sale for 85 dollars, and the seller made a huge deal about how great and how amazing the price was.

Then a couple users chimed in about how it's for sale on ebay for 69shipped. It just turned into a HUGE mess....

And there were a couple of intrested parties too

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
imo the buyer should always search around...

price issues should probably be kept to PM. the seller will realize that no ones buying it soon enough ;)

Agreed. No undercutting people's sales. If you have an issue PM the seller, don't clutter the thread with junk. Whether the price is dirt cheap, or seemingly pricey - public price discussion should be avoided. Don't like it, don't buy it. It is the duty of the buyer to research long and hard before making a decision to buy anything, and contact the seller with their concerns privately.

The worst is when people come in and link a price lower than the seller's. I just feel like doing this to them --> :bash:
I still don't understand why this isn't concretely prohibited in the FS rules (pointing out lower prices to make it harder for seller).

I agree with what you said as well Justin, and thank you for your positive efforts.

- Nikita

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Agreed. No undercutting people's sales. If you have an issue PM the seller, don't clutter the thread with junk. Whether the price is dirt cheap, or seemingly pricey - public price discussion should be avoided. Don't like it, don't buy it. It is the duty of the buyer to research long and hard before making a decision to buy anything, and contact the seller with their concerns privately.

The worst is when people come in and link a price lower than the seller's. I just feel like doing this to them --> :bash:
I still don't understand why this isn't concretely prohibited in the FS rules (pointing out lower prices to make it harder for seller).

I agree with what you said as well Justin, and thank you for your positive efforts.

- Nikita

THIS!

If you don't agree with a price, TAKE IT TO PM'S! Unless it's an outrageously inflated price, or the seller is selling a counterfeit part (eg: knockoff racing seats), everything should be taken to PM's.

jdm00accord

Reaction score
I think you SHOULD chime in if a members is ripping people off. The last thing we want our users to be ripped off.

i agree with this. just imo, we are here to help each other wether it be with car troubles or part prices. i mean i just got an infraction for trying to help out a potential buyer and fellow member of this site by posting a link to a product that was a way better deal. i just felt i was doing my duty as a member of this site to contribute to others.

not trying to argue with the rules really, just trying to give my $.02

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think TL owner's that are Mods on Accord Forums need to get off their 'high horse' and cut people some slack................................

:hide:

In all seriousness, this is exactly how a Classifieds Forum should be run, as well as the seller only being allowed to bump their item(s) once per day.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I think TL owner's that are Mods on Accord Forums need to get off their 'high horse' and cut people some slack..............................

:hide:

In all seriousness, this is exactly how a Classifieds Forum should be run, as well as the seller only being allowed to bump their item(s) once per day.

yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
maybe this rule should apply to all members including mods or whatever the colors of rainbow entitle people to.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28633

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28531

I liked the idea of only sending pms and only the seller could update their thread with new information such as the item being sold or price reductions.

I tried to stick to that at first but when everybody else started posting whatever they wanted I did as well. Perhaps a notification should be sent to all members to let them know of your rule.

Last edited:
Back