Intake Manifold Removal

NASOHC

Reaction score
Ken, IACV doesn't take long. The process which I am doing will be more complicated, a bit more than just bolt unbolt.

I need to take off IACV, and Blacktraxx adapter plate. Then I need to seal them to each other, then the block, and have all holes lined up, and thread/tighten the bolts in a certain sequence, because there are clearance issues and one of the bolts doesn't thread on easily onto the blockoff plate - was very hard getting it threaded even the first time we put on the unit.

This is why I am inquiring about taking off IM so it can be done properly in an open area, then all reinstalled in place.

So taking off plenum with IACV on it would be easier than the whole IM correct? Then just replace the plenum gasket upon re-installation?

May just be an issue specific to my car, and parts that I am having, but IACV modding is a b*tch no doubt.

I see... well then taking off the whole intake is your better option. It's not hard, just takes a while. The harder part is reaching through the ubdercar area to get those hoses at the top and bolts. Good luck!

Back