Intake Tubing

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i actually agree with ricer, lol

tubing is tubing, just my opinion tho, egay or not, unless ur in a state with those stupid rules as previously stated:peace:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Well seems like everyone's covered it lol. But here's my experience ..

I went to smog my car with my Egay $20 SRI in there cuz it was raining .. They opened up my hood and looked for the CARB stamp and couldn't find it so I automatically failed visual hehe. So they told me if I had the stock one, and I told them I do, but would be a pain in the *** to put back. I then told them that I had a CARB legal AEM one and they told me to go grab it and put it on, so I ran home and grabbed it then drove back and put in on IN FRONT of them lol .. They were cool about it, but if I were ever asked, I had to tell the cops or whoever is looking at my car that I had the CAI in during the smog and they knew nothing about me swapping them out .. I then failed visual again afterwards cuz I had a breather on my engine rather than that hose that leads from the intake .. that was an ez fix too :jae:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
IMO, I felt more "lag" with my old 3" eBay intake compared to the 2.5" aem one. The aem one felt more reaponsive because of the smaller tubing.

Just my input on it.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I'm running a 3.5" inter cooler piping as my intake with a K&N filter at the end. Dirt cheap option.

jwong512

Reaction score
tas auto icebox intake ftw? :deal:

That's the best combination for our cars IMO. With the stock air box, you can utilize the colder air from the outside with the response of a short ram intake. Just remember to chop off the bottom half of your airbox so you can utilize it's full potential.

mr. smith

Reaction score
IMO, I felt more "lag" with my old 3" eBay intake compared to the 2.5" aem one. The aem one felt more reaponsive because of the smaller tubing.

Just my input on it.

i actually agree with you on that ive had 3 different intakes and my aem one seems to be more responsive out of all of them.

OP, there is a difference between intakes i believe, im sure the tubing diameter,shape and im sure the filter compositions all have an effect on the gains but may not vary by much. my aem is now adapted to also draw air from the bumper and i do notice a nice bump in acceleration as opposed to my 3" short ram i used to run when i first got my car. so just go cold air and forget about it.

Back