Interior fun (Final Pics on 22-23page)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Re: Interior fun (Final Pics on 1st page)

As for the door and rear wall panels, the front doors have to be removed when the actual door panel is off the car. So you will need to follow the steps in removing that <--very easy btw. Then the panel is held on my some bendable medal tabs where you just bend them straight and the panel falls right out, vise versa when you put it back int, just bend the tabs.

Are you saying that where you put the purple fabric, there is a piece that is removable? I thought it was just one piece. I spent so much time trying to cut this perfectly, I am going to be mad if there is a way to take it out. I didn't see any break in the vinyl either. I also don't have leather. Let me know if I am reading this correctly.

Looks good. I love the color. Hopefully it will hold up better than the black suede I got from Joanns. It faded in about a year. Now I have to redo mine.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

Great look dude. Pretty unique and I'm sure you're the first. Congrats on the finishing product. Can't wait to see more bro :D

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

I suddenly want to go to McD's and pet Grimace.

Grimace...?! what is this you speak of.

Moah pictures nao!

I will post more pictures after I install the headliner, it's done just not installed.

Somebody's been watching too much Pimp My Ride :lawl:

I want my car to look fabulous

lolz +1 I like it I think it looks good. So was it that bad? when i first sow it i thought of doing it myself but buddy you scaring me lmao. dont want to start something i cant finish

It was a pain in the ***. Good luck! lol The headliner, removal of the sun roof assembly, and working with the rear panels was a pain in the ***. The front doors and the front pillars are easier.

The side pillars are easy to do juz gotta be carefull...im still debating whether or not to do my the door panels..i probably will later on..you can see mine at the meet

All you have to do is remove the door panel from the door. It's pretty much one tab, 2 screws, pull away from door, lift up off door, unconnect light bulb conector. Then on the back of the door you'll see plain as day the medal bendy tabs that are easy as pie to bend straight and then pull out the panel. VERY simple.

Are you saying that where you put the purple fabric, there is a piece that is removable? I thought it was just one piece. I spent so much time trying to cut this perfectly, I am going to be mad if there is a way to take it out. I didn't see any break in the vinyl either. I also don't have leather. Let me know if I am reading this correctly.

looks good. I love the color. Hopefully it will hold up better than the black suede I got from Joanns. It faded in about a year. Now I have to redo mine.

On the doors they are removable. On the rear back seat panels you have to break it off the car wall due to Honda using plastic tabs that they melt into place permanetely. So it does come off and you just have to secure it back, say with some high tack adhesive or screw it in with finishing screws.

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I went to a Rubber, Foam, and Fabric outlet and talked to them about what fabric to use. Luckily they had this heavy duty fabric in the color that I wanted, however I did sacrifice the pattern due to heavy duty fabric.

Great look dude. Pretty unique and I'm sure you're the first. Congrats on the finishing product. Can't wait to see more bro :D

Thanks a lot man for the kind words! I'll post more when it is 100% complete with the headliner installed and maybe a couple things I have any mind more to add lol

lolololololololololol

Narftastic

Reaction score

Hopefully i get some time and stop being lazy and finish covering everything i want to lol

JEER42

Reaction score

Looks good for your first time. Did you use a staple gun on the fabric at the ends? Using a staple gun to secure the ends of the fabric to the panels will ensure no wrinkles if you decide to do it again.

talontsiawd

Reaction score

On the doors they are removable. On the rear back seat panels you have to break it off the car wall due to Honda using plastic tabs that they melt into place permanetely. So it does come off and you just have to secure it back, say with some high tack adhesive or screw it in with finishing screws.

I believe you said you have factory leather. Is there a piece behind to piece that pops off, or is that part of the door become "open". I have done my doors two times and never was able to find any "panel", more door seems like one piece. I am wondering if I over looked it or it's a difference between cloth and leather. Thanks.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

not bad...not my color though.

theres a diy for this on v6p, fyi, for a sedan though. but its not like reupholstering is anything different from coupe to sedan.​

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Hopefully i get some time and stop being lazy and finish covering everything i want to lol

Get off your ***, get a buddy, and do it! Don't be like me and try and do all of it yourself.

Looks good for your first time. Did you use a staple gun on the fabric at the ends? Using a staple gun to secure the ends of the fabric to the panels will ensure no wrinkles if you decide to do it again.

No I did not use a staple gun. I like the end result for now, but I may in the future redo a couple things. The thing I want to fix most of all is a patch I did, it was too small.

The thing is I like the wrinkles of it.

I believe you said you have factory leather. Is there a piece behind to piece that pops off, or is that part of the door become "open". I have done my doors two times and never was able to find any "panel", more door seems like one piece. I am wondering if I over looked it or it's a difference between cloth and leather. Thanks.

The leather panel is like any other fabric panel, gos panel then foam peice then upholstry.

rc4jl0.jpg

You have to look closely for the medal tabs.
It was really plain as day for me. Unless you have a 98-00 coupe which may be different that the 01 -02 door panels.

not bad...not my color though.

theres a diy for this on v6p, fyi, for a sedan though. but its not like reupholstering is anything different from coupe to sedan.​

I could definetly write out a DIY for it, however it would be very time consuming.

I definetly understand about the color thing..

Back