Interior Overhaul.....

nexTOme

Reaction score
That is some mad pro grade work. Damn clean and super nice job. Maaaad props to you.

Matt1264

Reaction score
Hey I just went through this whole thread and I must say you did a great job! Im considering doing this to my car in the future when i have a little extra money so Im just trying to plan it all out right now. First of all do you think epoxy would help and last much longer than hot glue to hold everything in place? Also just making sure you bought the actual fabric from sparco right? How did you order that? Is there anything online or did you call them?

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm guessing this thread is beyond dead, but people definitely need to see this. This is exactly what I want to do to my interior.

Any help with removing the dash? That's the only interior piece really giving me trouble.

My main concern is messing up sensors, engaging airbags, etc. The first time I ever tried to remove the dash I successfully lost most of the screws for my glove box and hit a wire that blew my multiplexor.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
i did the exact same thing with my interior already, panels are holding up alright, but i moved on to the tl dash and im throwing out the painted one lol. dashes arent very tricky, ive pulled 3 out of the cg chassis now. unplug battery first off and wait 10 mins, remember to get ALL the small bits out first(vents, sunlight sensors, etc) there's quite a few bolts thatre kind of sneaky, do you have the manual with bolt locations?

Varnell

Reaction score
i did the exact same thing with my interior already, panels are holding up alright, but i moved on to the tl dash and im throwing out the painted one lol. dashes arent very tricky, ive pulled 3 out of the cg chassis now. unplug battery first off and wait 10 mins, remember to get ALL the small bits out first(vents, sunlight sensors, etc) there's quite a few bolts thatre kind of sneaky, do you have the manual with bolt locations?

I didn't get any manual with the car. I'm assuming you're referring to one of those you can buy at auto parts stores?

Varnell

Reaction score
That'd be awesome, man. I got the ones I can see. I gave up and just tried pulling on it thinking some parts might pop on and off. lol

Also, taking the dash out won't trigger any sensors or airbags?

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
That'd be awesome, man. I got the ones I can see. I gave up and just tried pulling on it thinking some parts might pop on and off. lol

Also, taking the dash out won't trigger any sensors or airbags?

Just make sure you unplug the airbag before removing it and also disconnect the battery. Just to make sure.

Back