Is anyone dreading spring as much as i am...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a couple years ago when we had a terrible winter...people were getting pulled over because cops thought they were intoxicated. nope, just dodging potholes :lawl:

then one news station set up in front of this major pothole that tons of people already complained about...they interviewed a few people after they hit it and lost a tire or bent a control arm...

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
im just not looking forward to the flooding. back in 06 my neighborhood got flooded, but mostly just back yards since peoples yards are lower than the streets, but there was a good 2-3 feet of water in my back yard, not good

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
lol va roads were pretty good still last time I visited. As for the salt covering my car problem, its non exsistant. This is the second year in a row I've completely avoided winter with it :thumbsup:

jwong512

Reaction score
i heard somewere that if u damage ur car on city streets that if u take piks n show proof the city would pay for the fix????

My friend tried to get the city to pay for his expenses and he waited at least a couple of months before he even got a check.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the street bike is waiting..............

haha , i just started up my biike yesterday because i missed it so much... i cant wait either but i gotta start planning to dodge these holes

nyc has had 49" of snow so far this winter, and 40 of it in january alone... there arent pot holes, there are black holes.. holes where cars go in, and never come back out

DUDE!!! i hit a hole going right on the brooklyn bridge that was at least 6 inches deep, i thought my car was dunzo after i hit it... i still have my stock suspension and snow tires but now im gonna have to avoid that bridge when i put my ksports on

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I will give my firstborn son to the man that invents a new method of dissolving snow on American roads.

It's ridiculous here in Ohio, people act like salt is the savior of man. We pre-treat roads AND salt them the same as when 1" of snow is predicted or if it's 3". The majority of "drivers", and I use that term loosely, around here don't know how to drive in the snow, and completely depend on salt. But if everyone had a brain and knew how to operate a car in 2" of snow, our roads would be in much better shape. It's so pathetic.

I am super excited for spring, freakin tired of this cold weather.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive thought about how to dissolve snow. they wont dump it in the lakes here (for obvious reasons) and where i used to live, they'd dump it in the parks.

it would probably be terribly inefficient, but what if there was a tanker truck which had a heated tank...dump the snow in, run it through some kind of furnace, converting it to water (heated tank keeps it liquid)...we know that salt can be taken out of water, so filter it.

then, drive it down to the water treatment plant after its "clean enough" and pump it in.

youre just borrowing water when you drink it or flush the toilet, so that would get rid of excess snow and contribute water to the city.

Back