ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i have:

infinity 6012si speakers in front
eclipse ea1000 amp for them (60x2 rms)

jl w3v2d4 at 8ohms
ma audio something or other 300 rms

and the secret to balancing bass and everything else: audiocontrol epicenter.

loud enough :coffee:

The Wicked One

Reaction score
for 90 dollars you can get some very good 6x9s. i would look into Alpine Type Rs, Infinity's, MB Quarts, Polk, JBL and a whole bunch more. in my experience kickers are good for being loud and nothing more, definitely not built for sound quality.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Yeah, ok that's the response I needed. Thanks again Matt. With all your you guys guiding me, hopefully i can put something together that's not very expensive and sounds good.

NOTE: I think I'm shying away from the DVD/NAV HU, since I do already have a TomTom. Instead, I'm looking at just a DVD Receiver. Still, the Kenwoods seem like the best in terms of functionality and iPod integration and looks.

That brings the HU down from 850 to ~600.

res0xiz9

Reaction score
components in the front is night and day difference compared to coaxials.. used to have some infinity coaxials but got some cheaper polk components from a friend.. night and day, all i can say.. i dont have a super system or ne thing either, actually i haven't had a sub in like a year lol.. i'd say get some basic name brand components (like polk, infinity, even bostons you can get pretty cheap). so much more crisp.. o btw infinity makes a 2-way coaxial w/ external crossover. my buddy had em, sounded super nice, just like components, but the tweeter was mounted to the center + still had an external crossover to split frequencies very well. my 2cents..

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I want to say two things. First, i think boston accustics makes some of the best speakers for your money, i'd personally go that route (and plan too when i replace my speakers).

Second, even though you said you already have a seperate Navi, i think you would be more happy spending the bit extra and having and all in one package. On this note, i think the avic f900bt is really nice feature wise, it also sounds very good, better than my alpine which suprised me. Now, obviously it has some major bugs right now. These are supposed to be fixed and soon. I would wait to buy the avic but if it's all worked out, it will be a really nice piece. The functions, expandability, combined with flash memory is very nice, it just needs to be updated. Right now, hardly worth half the money they cost.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
Here in dallas i can get 2 kenwood 12s and a 1200watt amp for $250 but i am in desperate need of a double din touch screen reciever with gps tired of using my verizon gps crap

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Cheap? :eh:

I didn't cheap out that badly....

Polk DB651S - 6.5's
Alpine Type-R - 6x9's
Profile 1000W 4Ch. Amp

I've heard good things about the Profile amp for the price. So we'll see :D

Waiting on the Kenwood HU and Amp Wiring Kit to install it all....

CHID0

Reaction score
^^^ Based on reviews, Kenwood DNX-7120 > Pioneer's Avic-D3 and newer Avic-F900BT. A lot less software/connectivity issues. And Garmin Nav is awesome....

I never had connectivity issues with the D1 or D3....the only downside to this unit i see is the sound. It's hard to get really good sound out of it and it takes alot of tweaking of the equalizer to get it to sound really good.

Back