Jay's J36 stroker 6 speed LSD coupe

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by j35_cg2, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Connie

Connie Well-Known Member

That ABS delete got me thinking; I like how simple and clean it is.
    I don't particularly care for ABS and I hate TCS....If I removed the module from my car running factory engine control, would I have any issues other than the ABS light being illuminated?
    It really looks clean and simplifies that corner; I'd like to do it to my 02 coupe.

2. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

There is no issues. As a matter of fact the 4cylinder 1998 DX sedan model has no ABS. You can source your proportioning valve from 1hondaparts.com along with the hard lines from the DX. I used braided Russell lines due to being shaved and I eliminated the holes the brake lines feed through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rusty Accord

Rusty Accord Well-Known Member

Not just the 98 DX, but my 99 LX came without ABS. So that might give you another source for looking. Just a heads up.

4. Connie

Connie Well-Known Member

That's excellent to know; that means I can use all the factory lines from a donor car and everything. Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably just go to the yard and grab everything from there, or go to the parts store because shipping to Canada from the .coms always makes the online stores more expensive for me. I really like how much stuff that clears out of that corner of the bay.

5. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

Catching up once again. Still waiting on a harness, exhaust and downpipe tubing. I went with an 09 Honda Odyssey touring intake manifold. Sadly the throttle body pattern is different from the b series pattern so my good friend at power rev racing is making me an adaptor. So many little things getting in the way but I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

And a final update. Car is running great but needs a tune so haven't drove it a whole lot [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. phi1542

phi1542 Well-Known Member

Amazing work bro. Car is so clean

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

New pictures of a photo shoot with a local friend new to the CG community [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Rusty Accord

Rusty Accord Well-Known Member

The car looks sweet. I do have to ask though, Are you getting any tire rub? Just asking as your tire to fender gaps are pretty tight.

10. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

Believe it or not the fronts absolutely zero rubbing! Back will every once in a while if I take a turn too hard but I don’t really have issues due to being 18k/18k springs all the way around