JDMCG3's N/A H22 Build (Last Update: 03/12/2012)

simon_y

Reaction score
Re: JDMCG3's N/A H22 Build (Last Update: 02/15/2012)

Have you read up about using S2K pistons. Even if the bore is the same, doesn't mean its going to work very well.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/827645-anyone-with-h22-piston-knowledge/
pin offset isn't right, dome shape isn't right, skirt profile isn't right, compression height isn't right... just because it "fits" doesn't mean its right.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=686832

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=341230

The s2k rods are supposedly long than h22 rods. Also the wrist pin for the h22 is smaller than the wrist pin for the f20c. Unless you get everything machined. Also the height of the wrist in on the piston might be different. So 12.5:1 Compression Ratio for an F20c won't yield you the same CR on an H22.

crawler89

Reaction score

i just wanna double check.. and wanna know if anyone can double verify this.. cause i just found a killer deal on the arp bolts, waayyy cheaper then what the dealership is gonna charge me.

and quite honestly.. after i put this thing together i dont ever plan on tearing back into it. if it does ever crap out.. the whole block would be swapped out with a h23 block oorrr i'd finally say im done with the honda game and get a bimmer.

and just so we're on the same page.. im speaking of Part Number: ARP 208-5401

IDK, but the head bolts are not torque to yield, but I would go OEM despite I have never heard of the oval effect, makes sense if you over tightened them but seems the issue would cause much worse damage before you were concerned with a rebuild in the future, but I do not know. No verified recource for that one.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

AF its not that i dont trust you on it.. its just every other h22 build thread ive come across.. theyve swapped them out with arp studs. ive never heard of any of them complaining about how they wish they woulda went oem or have to have all the work done that you mentioned. i mean i have no problem going with oem because i already know im not gonna be making super crazy numbers. but when i came across some bnib arp studs for 55 shipped.. i couldnt help but to ask.

tomorrow i should have a nice little parts update :naughty:

AFAccord

Reaction score

AF its not that i dont trust you on it.. its just every other h22 build thread ive come across.. theyve swapped them out with arp studs. ive never heard of any of them complaining about how they wish they woulda went oem or have to have all the work done that you mentioned. i mean i have no problem going with oem because i already know im not gonna be making super crazy numbers. but when i came across some bnib arp studs for 55 shipped.. i couldnt help but to ask.

tomorrow i should have a nice little parts update :naughty:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2992526

This is not the only reference out there. Just sayin...

jdmcg3

Reaction score

Bisimoto 12.5:1 87.5 pistons that's what I'm getting maybe you should look into it as another potential option.

http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_9_111_112_116&products_id=515

Even though it says h23a1 it can be used for a built motor and I was wrong its 12.0:1 which is better and safer for dd compare to 12.5:1 c/r
[/QUOTE]

i believe i remember reading that when you swap h23 pistons into a h22 the c/r is lowered..

heres a link showing how installing type-s pistons into a h23 with make a 12.5:1 c/r. so my best guess would be if you used pistons designed for the h23 in a h22 the expected c/r would be lowered.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1087656

edit: a little more research showed that the compression difference is because of the larger crank in the h23 and its some what longer rods.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
^^ 02cg3; i called and talked to the tech department of bisimoto.. they said they can make can any custom piston with any compression you want for 640 shipped.

also i just posted up another update... but dont know if some of you recall me making a thread about someone trying to go pick up some parts i found on CL in other cities and states because the sellers wouldnt ship to me. and some said oh thats sketch and what not for buying parts off cl and having them shipped n such. well i found its a damn good way to get goodies, brand new ones at that; for the dirt. all parts in the last two updates were randomly found on CL from through out the states. and i got everything for the dirt cheap deals shipped too, and i mean i paid a dime to the dollar for these part... i love when others abandon theyre builds or upgrades they were gonna do. saves me so much money. ive still yet to have to buy from a dealer or sales rep. everything has come from a private seller and its saved me sooo much. :kenny:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so ive decided to buy a h23a1 shortblock(closed deck) and use that for my build instead. reasons for is because i can use my type-s pistons and h22 rods and be at my desired c/r.. mid 12s (shooting for the 250whp mark im gonna need it.) its also a closed deck. so i wont need to worry about cylinder wobble and walk. or trying to put a block guard in my block.. which dont have the greatest reviews. and since the only replacement for boost is displacement.. ill take the extra .3 and the 95mm crank over my 90mm.

im going to look at a shortblock tonight. hope its in good condition.. he only wants 80 for it.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Two questions for the guys who've done this swap.. What axles and half shaft did you use? I would think I could use my stock f23 ones since the h tranny is a direct swap onto the f23 and you don't have swap axles then..

Also since I already deleted my A/C on my stock motor, I plan on still not running A/C once I do the swap. But does any one know what belt I need? Since there is no dx model of the prelude, cause both base and type-sh come with A/C

jdmcg3

Reaction score
just spoke with simon_y about the axles.. he confirmed i can keep my stock accord axles and half shaft.

will be consulting the prelude forums for info on the A/C delete

Back