Jet Performance v. Just Look

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea, i might buy another ecu 2 try it out but i want some1 2 try it first

Sonnick

Reaction score
First of all, the dyno plot of a 98-02 Accord 4 cyl doesn't look like that. My dyno graph looks nothing like that. Despite the fact that I was 5 speed doesn't make a difference.

Second, a STOCK AUTOMATIC making 170whp on a mustang dyno?! :lolrun: :fail: I made ~157whp/146wtq on a DynoDynamics calibrated for DynoJet numbers with bolt ons and a clutch/flywheel. You cannot trust a dyno on a manufacturer's website...period.

Will the JET ECU reprogram give you gains? Most likely, yes, given they change the fuel maps and advance the timing, but not to the extent of the website dyno :run:

/rant.

AFAccord

Reaction score
The V-force module added 2-3whp across the power band when I dyno'd it. It's honestly enough to feel on the butt dyno, but IMO not worth the price of the unit unless you can source it second hand for cheap.

no vtec crossover?

...no vtec crossover

:eekwtf: Still looking for a VTEC crossover? After all the discussion that's been going on on two particular threads here?

First of all, the dyno plot of a 98-02 Accord 4 cyl doesn't look like that. My dyno graph looks nothing like that. Despite the fact that I was 5 speed doesn't make a difference.

Will the JET ECU reprogram give you gains? Most likely, yes, given they change the fuel maps and advance the timing, but not to the extent of the website dyno :run:

/rant.

:thumbsup:

Bone stock F23A1 dyno with JET ECU installed on Dynojet Dyno (exact same ECU from my previous car).

JasonHart.jpg

I see no VTEC crossover here... :coffee:

Just for reference: Two 2007 Civic Si's both dyno'd within minutes of me. One with an intake, the other stock. Stock one made ~171whp, 126wtq. Si with intake made ~181whp, 130wtq. These cars are rated 197hp and 139tq from the factory. I'd say 146whp from a stock motor rated for 150hp is pretty impressive. I can't say whether it was the ECU, or possibly a solid motor that made those numbers, but I know the numbers are good. If you don't agree, then try arguing with my track times.

Crono139

Reaction score
I never knew that you threw the old ECU into your new ride.

Awesome numbers.

Sonnick

Reaction score
I see no VTEC crossover here... :coffee:

I can't say whether it was the ECU, or possibly a solid motor that made those numbers, but I know the numbers are good. If you don't agree, then try arguing with my track times.
Jason your track times suck! :leeann: Lol jp.

Our dyno's look drastically different, which is strange. Mine actually looks like there is a VTEC crossover right around 4k RPM. However, the TQ at 4k RPM drops while the HP increases..Is there usually a drop in torque when VTEC "kicks in?"

I know there isn't a true VTEC "punch" with the F23 motor, but why the jump :confused: The AFR drops a lot at about 4300 RPM, but certainly after the so-called "crossover."

:eekwtf:

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Jason your track times suck! :leeann: Lol jp.

Our dyno's look drastically different, which is strange. Mine actually looks like there is a VTEC crossover right around 4k RPM. However, the TQ at 4k RPM drops while the HP increases..Is there usually a drop in torque when VTEC "kicks in?"

Graph scaling my friend...

stretched.jpg

Sonnick said:
I know there isn't a true VTEC "punch" with the F23 motor, but why the jump :confused: The AFR drops a lot at about 4300 RPM, but certainly after the so-called "crossover."

:eekwtf:

It cuz ur low on vtec fluid.

:eusa_wall: I meant to top it off with some DOT69 fluid before my run, but I was so busy tuning my adjustable Type-R lug nuts that I forgot!

Back