Keep Stock Interior Speakers?

kem

Reaction score
Hey 6GA , I just got my first 6thgen accord n i wanted to do something with the speakers. I want to definitely add a sub n amp , but i wanted to know if i should also change the interior speakers or just leave them? Thanks!

Namboyz

Reaction score
you only really need to change the front speakers! and i mean good front speakerss. that will make your system sound great.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
in the wifes 6G, I just put a RF 300.1 to an RE REX12 in a 1.5@35 box. stock HU, stock speakers, faded it to the front a bit so you cant tell anything is coming from the rear and I think it is more than enough. also if you dont so what most peole do and crank the gain so damn high that your subs are already loud as hell when your volume is 1/16th the way up, and set it so it actually increases in volume with the system all the way to however loud you listen to it, then it doesnt overpower the speakers. when the volume is below 1/4 and you are trying to listen quietly, you barely tell the sub is there but turn it off and then its obvious you are missing something. around 1/2 the sub is pounding pretty good but not overpowering anything and when you really wanna crank it, around 3/4 volume and the sub is maxed out (well, its where I set it to be) and the speakers are really loud as well so it still sounds fine.

but if you are trying to isntall a really nice system and are going to go crazy with subs/amps, then why not amp some comps up front or something. but for the average person who just wants a little bass. there is no need IMO to do anything else than a sub/amp

jgilley

Reaction score
I'm an MECP certified installer, and alpine makes some of the best stuff out there.
I stand behind their products 100 percent

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

2000accord89

Reaction score
yooo u should get a single 12inch alpine typs X...that would be enough for ur trunk..
thats the sub i got and that makes ma whole car shake

blackcord

Reaction score
Are you gonna be using an aftermarket headunit as well? You didnt say. Yeah. Definitely change your stock front speakers. If funds are tight, then just do the front. I only changed my fronts and I disconnected the rears. It give me a better front stage. Or you can just fade bias to the front aftermarkets and keep you rears as stock.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
has anyone who uses the stock speakers taken one out and looked at it? :lawl:

also, the only speaker i've ever blown was a stock 6.5" off headunit power. you cannot blow a speaker by underpowering it, so 12 or 14 watts was all it took...

Back