Low oil light in Tacho

F23A1AT

Reaction score
What does it mean if your oil indicator in the dash Flashes? I'm terrified something is wrong. The oil level is spot on at the top mark on the dipstick. The flashing seemed to have a rhythm, but I wasn't able to count the flashes as I just happened to notice them. It happened twice today before I even had the chance to run so I know I didn't do it racing. Ideas?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
usually it means you're low on oil, you're motor could be worn out and have more clearance than required to create the appropriate pressures.

Comes on when psi is <5

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I thought of that but I had already confirmed before I left for the track and even after the light flashed that the oil level was near perfect. The engine only has 80 thousand miles on it.

AZmike

Reaction score
Flashing means that the oil pressure was low briefly. Were you cornering when it happened? I know older Accords can have the oil move away from the pickup during extended hard left cornering resulting in a brief loss of oil pressure.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Flashing means that the oil pressure was low briefly. Were you cornering when it happened? I know older Accords can have the oil move away from the pickup during extended hard left cornering resulting in a brief loss of oil pressure.

Nah I was sitting still in the staging lanes. I guess I'll be getting a oil pressure gauge to monitor this. :rice:ernes <-Here I come.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Back