LSD by WaveTrac

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i have the money to buy one. How do u install it? is it okay for a DIY to do, or do u need a lot of tools. Does it work for the f23 5 speed?

NASOHC

Reaction score
i have the money to buy one. How do u install it? is it okay for a DIY to do, or do u need a lot of tools. Does it work for the f23 5 speed?

It works on the 98-02 Accord 5 speeds, yes.

I'm not doing the work myself on this one since it's getting overhauled. For what I've been told, swapping out the LSD is not too difficult (AFAccord "Jason" did it himself) so I'd say even if you needed a local shop to do it for you, I wouldn't pay more than $200-250 - not including labor to remove transmission. Let me know.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
as far as an install it is not too hard at all, you just have to know about how to take apart the gear "shafts" (both primary and secondary) and once you get those out its a simple 10 bolts or so and you take your old one out and put the new one in...

the tricky part is that you have to deal with all the gears taking them out and in along with the shims and the syncros... plus its not that expensive for a shop to do it anyway $600 max should be about accurate for pulling it, installing the LSD, and re-installing the tranny...

hope that helps!

also, can't wait to hear about the final results to this thing, i was so close to buying one.... then went with qauife so very interested!

NASOHC

Reaction score
bURNOUT! hMMM... iC Double! :driving: LSD FTW!

2wp1ms4.jpg

Back