Mah system (INSTALLED!!!)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Mah system

i used an RCA cable with the plugs cut off as speaker wire for about 3 years :hide:

IMO...high quality wire should be used if you can afford it, or if you have a special requirement like a really flexible large gauge. i used a "streetwires" RCA i had sitting around cause i needed one more for my XO...its thin as hell but oh well...it works.

i have probably less than $100 of wire in the car...and that includes all 5 RCAs...

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
Sub finally came in to today after ONLY 4 weeks of waiting!!!

Haha it was awesome I was washing my car so it would look nice when I go break this beast in, and right when I finish UPS shows up. I took the package from his hands and actually said "Thanks, I love you." So here we go with pics!

The clean whip:
vg6ao9.jpg

My awesomely carpeted box, give me some opinions for the sides im debating leaving them, carpeting black, or painting either black or dark green to match my car...
20rqpva.jpg

Exciting times!
15yx9p3.jpg

Holy magnet!
wtaxxi.jpg

12" BL box next to my 15" Q box, I wanted to get a magnet comparison but I was too excited just to get this thing hooked up...
a3p25h.jpg

And finally it is in my car!!!
2eeykav.jpg

I just got home from cruising that started around 3 pm lol and now its 2 am... Breaking in is a very fun time. The first time I turned it up it was already as loud as my 15 but so much tighter and more detailed, but thats also because it was stiff. About an hour ago it was twice as loud and still had a clean sound, overall I am incredibly happy with this sub. There is an spl comp thurs so I need to get it completely broken in by then, and then I can also test out removing the port plug, which will hopefully give me more deebees :)

I guess I could try to get vids of my windshield flex and my rear deck looking like its about to jump through the back window when I play the LOWWWWS haha.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Congrats.

Paint the sides/port plug DEP.

Get those videos up.

That. Is. All.

shavedaccord

Reaction score

Ahhh....and so the debate continues.

Alot of people will argue the pros and cons of ported vs sealed.

Ported = louder/more air flow/lower frequencies
Sealed = more power/tighter bass

Personal preference/system requirements, really.

Some subs offer the flexibility of either setup, and some are one or the other.
Correction.. sealed enclosures take more power to run.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Ahh sorry about that, the way you worded it looked as if you were saying it generated more lol

No, no worries.

Although, I have read it as a sealed enclosure can take more power than ported, not necessarily needed more power.

shavedaccord

Reaction score

No, no worries.

Although, I have read it as a sealed enclosure can take more power than ported, not necessarily needed more power.
From what I understand, sealed enclosures require more power compared to a ported. Which I have tested personally and it seems to be true.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my PG sub is rated for 350W...people out there in the interwebs have given it 1000-1500W in a sealed box, no problem :lawl:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
my PG sub is rated for 350W...people out there in the interwebs have given it 1000-1500W in a sealed box, no problem :lawl:
I still think Ported can handle more power. And just about any sub can handle more than it's power rating, but the question is for how long.

Back