Manual Transmission and Traffic

jaron001

Reaction score
depends on how much traffic i usually just creep at the clutch point in the light stuff and keep the car out off gear when im sitting oh yea traffic is fun with a lightweight fly:ughrun:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I just sit on the clutch at lights, I don't care enough to go the extra effort to take my foot off the pedal unless its an extraordinarily long light.

9450erick

Reaction score
i dont even keep my foot on the brake at some lights, why the **** would i hold the clutch down? :lawl:

haha i always wonder what the ppl behind me think when they dont see any break lights.:lolrun:

back on topic- this is the exact reason i had to replace my 1st clutch. i went to ask like 3 mechanics and all of them said that if you hold in the clutch ,while not in use in gets heated a lot faster thus if you do this continually it will create a hot spot and start slipping. i had a cheap *** clutch back then and it started slipping like 3 weeks into me driving it
i always take it out of gear b4 i get to a stop, just cruise into it. and when it turns green and i take forever to put it into gear i use v-tec u make up for lost ground:rock:

payndew

Reaction score
I just look at the perpendicular light and when it turns yellow get my clutch ready :D .. and then if theres a turn signal for on coming traffic, i get a delayed go.. which means i look like an idiot gettin ready to move.. so then i just pretend as if i was chillin there gangsta gangsta and just let my flow handle the fizz son

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I do both. Sometimes i hold the clutch down if im anticipating a quick light change, othertimes i just pop it out and roll to a stop.

acedomain

Reaction score
i take it out of gear as well.. it gets a little aggravating when you live in the city like I do and you have to hold on for dear life at every light lol
same.

i use to do it alot and then sleepy told me that ill wear out the clutch faster and i stopped doing it but that is also how i use to do it when i learned stick shift

i wish i could be involved in this topic =(

**** automatic
you can be involved since getting a stick shift i do tha same in a auto i pop it in to N while im at a light and go back in to D when it turns green.....i also have a friend who does that in his g37 and i use to say but why? its a auto and he said its better for the tranny so idk if that is true but i just do it bcuz auto are boring and it gives me something to do lol and im use to it buz of the stick shift(non related funny note ...anyone ever slam on the brakes in a auto thinking your stepping on the clutch to shift lol)

gojrracing

Reaction score
manual transmissions
depends on how much traffic i usually just creep at the clutch point in the light stuff and keep the car out off gear when im sitting oh yea traffic is fun with a lightweight fly:ughrun:

Yes Jaron. I agree with what you are saying. But I usually tighten my clutch to have a good break when I stop. :D

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
if i'm at a light, i take it out of gear ... if i'm in traffic i just let the clutch do all the work

Back