mid-atlantic summer meet!!!!!

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
well thank god nobody ever goes to Herndon.

won't have to be on the lookout for those two :lawl:

there's a bunch of government workers living in that area near Reston so they probably figured it would be a sneaky way to increase tickets since rich people are dumb as ****.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
ok I stopped by the Park today and yeah its really easy to find the picnic areas, I just wasn't paying attention to the sign :lawl:

when you come in the entrance and go past the tollbooth thing, you will hit an intersection. Keep going straight following a curve to the right and there will be a dirt area to park cars on your right. Go past that and on the right side will be a sign showing arrows to the picnic areas and other places. Take that right and go up the road. On the right side about 100 feet up the road is the first picnic area. To get to Picnic area 3 you have to keep following that road and it will curve around and eventually on your right side you'll find Picnic Area 3. It's like one big circle for the Picnic places.

I was driving by and took some shots for reference, but when I got to Picnic Area 3 there was these people talking in the middle of the road and I was trying to avoid them so I didn't want to pull over to take a picture. It's hard to miss, you can manage without the pic.

I took these so you would know what you're basically looking at when you get there that day.

so this is the entrance to the park:
IMG_6186.jpg

and once you go past that intersection and take a right this will be picnic area 1 on the right side (bad quality pic):
IMG_6185.jpg

you keep going down the road past picnic area 1:
IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

and it will curve (keep in mind the perspective)
IMG_6180.jpg

you'll go past a place like this on the right (not a picnic area) and a playground on the left side:
IMG_6182.jpg

then you go down the road further and picnic area 3 is on the right side (no pic for that area)

and you finally complete the circle back near picnic area 1's road:
IMG_6184.jpg

for reference this is the route I took:
burkelakemap-1.jpg

just remember we aren't allowed to use picnic area 2 so avoid that one.

you guys might want to print a little copy of that map for reference, because there will be more people than you'd imagine on Sunday getting in your way while driving around looking where to go.

now if we can get the meet thread up and running, I believe Patrick can copy and paste this post so that people don't get lost.

oh and they do have grills set up there, so someone will also need to bring charcoal. I think?

Last edited:

dadams

Reaction score
i remember wen i called they said they had grills but i can call again and double check

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
oh, no I actually saw the grills when I was there but they're outside charcoal grills so someone would need to bring some.

dadams

Reaction score
add it to teh skickied thread along with the other stuff tht we still need

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I will admit I'm lazy right now, care to linky?

I didn't know we had a stickied thread yet :lawl:

Unless we don't yet and you're saying I need to make one, because that's not happening.

Back