Modifying Sedan Lip to fit 99 Coupe?

CG3[toed]SLOTH

Reaction score
would this same method of cutting the middle be the same for sedan type R lip to fit the 98-00 coupe? polyurethane

CHID0

Reaction score
It's the exact same you just wouldn't have to cut so much off

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
why dont you get the JP style?(i belive thats what its called) its for our coupes and its poly. Iv had both type-r and mugen on my 99 coupe,then i fit the mugen on my 01 bumper.just takes patience to make fit and helps to have extra set of hands.

the flex fiberglass is still fiberglass and will break just like ABS. the knock off OEM replica kits are made of that(flex fiberglass) One guy who bought the replica sprayed the backside with truck-bed lining to add strength,but then sold the car before mounting it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Same problem. I have the Genuine Rear and Side underspoilers...but can't find a front.

I love the look of the knockoff OEM's on ebay...but not sure about anything other than polyurethane, especially for a front lip.

Keep us updated, Johnson

pattywak

Reaction score
why dont you get the JP style?(i belive thats what its called) its for our coupes and its poly. Iv had both type-r and mugen on my 99 coupe,then i fit the mugen on my 01 bumper.just takes patience to make fit and helps to have extra set of hands.

the flex fiberglass is still fiberglass and will break just like ABS. the knock off OEM replica kits are made of that(flex fiberglass) One guy who bought the replica sprayed the backside with truck-bed lining to add strength,but then sold the car before mounting it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The reason is I don't like the JP style at all...the side holes are huge, and I Just don't like the overall shape of it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Patrick, be a pioneer, find another lip that isn't as popular that you like and is priced reasonably(in your opinion). The Mugen lip has REALLY been done alot, isn't there something else you would consider?

I'm sure it's just the lower grill that would need some modification done, and I don't think there would be that much between the 98-00 Coupe/Sedan.

pattywak

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but the only other thing I would consider other than a Mugen is an OEM lip, and those are expensive and rare. I feel like it would be a waste to buy ABS Plastic, since it will be destroyed easily and be more money in the long run. There aren't that many lips for 98 coupes anyways - Wings West is a little too aggressive for my vision for my car, Type-R has sides that hang down too much, JP I just don't like...

Johnson

Reaction score
i did yesterday.
1. measure out how much you need to cut to make the middle piece fit inside the grill. mark it on the lip
2. i used a dremel to cut out the big pieces and belt sander to get it smooth
3. dont cut too much at a time. have patience.
4. the middle part was too long so i had to cut that too. to prevent it from hitting the bottom grill.

its not that hard.. you just need patience to get it right. gl

pattywak

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Johnson. This helps me out a TON. FOr step 4, which middle part are you talking about?
Also, pictures would help if you have any. An official DIY write up would be greatt.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Johnson. This helps me out a TON. FOr step 4, which middle part are you talking about?
Also, pictures would help if you have any. An official DIY write up would be greatt.

np. glad it helped you
100_0602.jpg

100_0605.jpg

i think this is a diy? http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22790

Back