Morimoto/Mini H1 Projector retrofit + more

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
1NonlyAccord: This retro is so much easier than the TSX retro. The only thing you'll need a dremel for is to cut a bit of the housing that sits in the headlight lenses to get the projectors to fit.

yea the inside lens part..the "blackhoused" area. No biggie..Ill be adding some CCFL goodies inside aswell again.ha

blackcord

Reaction score
So, does this take the place of an hid kit? Or does it work in conjunction with an hid kit?

Dude, it's simple.

Use this complete kit here:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Bake and open up your headlights and mount the projector and shroud inside. Then use the wire harness and make your connection.

Or you can just buy the projectors and use any hid kit. But word of warning. Many cheap ebay kits emit much more heat than OEM or even Morimoto bulbs and may cause heat damage. There are a few threads on heat related damage using cheap ebay hid bulbs. Search in hidplanet and you will be enlightened!

Ofnir107

Reaction score

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
ok i have a stupid question... what does Bi-xenon mean... is it just meaning that it can be used with cars that have high and low beam together... i know I’m asking a more than likely common question but hope i get a non-sarcastic response

blackcord

Reaction score
ok i have a stupid question... what does Bi-xenon mean... is it just meaning that it can be used with cars that have high and low beam together... i know I’m asking a more than likely common question but hope i get a non-sarcastic response

Why are you always concerned that someone will give you a sarcastic response? That's a valid question btw.

Anyway, bi-xenon means that the projector handles both low and high bean functions. It uses a shield to do this by dropping the shield when you need high beam and raising up the shield when you need regular low beam. You can us a bi-xenon projector on your Accord even though your car did not originally come with that option. And I recommend the Morimoto Mini H1 (I did mine using these) projectors. You can tap the wire off the high beams and hook them onto the bi-xenon's high beam input and you will be ballin!!

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Why are you always concerned that someone will give you a sarcastic response? That's a valid question btw.

i tend to get a lot of shyt lol..
Anyway, bi-xenon means that the projector handles both low and high bean functions. It uses a shield to do this by dropping the shield when you need high beam and raising up the shield when you need regular low beam. You can us a bi-xenon projector on your Accord even though your car did not originally come with that option. And I recommend the Morimoto Mini H1 (I did mine using these) projectors. You can tap the wire off the high beams and hook them onto the bi-xenon's high beam input and you will be ballin!!

ok so i was lookin into them and i noticed that for low theres a nice cut line but for highs theres full projection (i guess thats how to describe it) wat makes the line i dnt want a constant flashing of brights from oncomming traffic

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so i was lookin into them and i noticed that for low theres a nice cut line but for highs theres full projection (i guess thats how to describe it) wat makes the line..

light output is changed by the shield:

shield.jpg
- StupidPig

low beam (cut off shield up):
minilow.jpg
-JVX

high beam (cut off shield down):
minihigh.jpg
-JVX

i dnt want a constant flashing of brights from oncomming traffic

Not an issue since high beams shouldn't be constantly used while driving. :driving:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i got a chance to get a set of h1s off ebay, 1 time chace tho, for 80+36shipping, i was curious to see if this is worth it?

Back