Morimoto Retrofit project

blackcord

Reaction score
Re: Morimoto Retrofit experience

you should of done a diy on the maxima corners ....i still havent decided if ill be doing mine with the corners ...... that eventually i want the morimoto retros for my highbeams ....so maybe then

HID in your highbeams?? I pity the sucker you blast with those! :kenny:

Well, it really easy doing the Maxima corners. Just use a piece of cardboard as your template. Once you get a good enough template, place it over the corner and mark with a sharpie. Then demel away. It does not have to be 100% perfect but get it close as you can. Then epoxy these onto the headlights. Then you soften up the rubber edge protector by putting it in oven for 2 min. at minimum heat, then stick it along the edge of the corner lights. That's it! Acutally looking at my pics will give you a good idea how to do this anyway. I say the actual projector retrofitting was more difficult.

If you're gonna do it and have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me. Good luck man. :beer:

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

stupid question but how do yall set yalls headlights in the oven?
I keep melting the bottom of the headlight and tabs and all doing this..ha I was thinking just laying them lens down? or no..also 215 a good temp?

acedomain

Reaction score

just put a piece of wood under them ....and also its better you just use a heat gun

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Put wood under them, or a baking sheet with a cloth towel on it. I wouldn't set it to higher than 200F, worth waiting a minute or two longer till everything is loose instead of rushing it and melting components.

Last edited:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score

I keep melting the bottom of the headlight and tabs and all doing this..ha I was thinking just laying them lens down? or no..also 215 a good temp?

Never melted mine... I usually put them in on the back/tabs and turn the oven on its lowest setting

blackcord

Reaction score

This was my second set that I opened and I always rest it on a piece of wood. Never had a problem. Maybe you had set the temp too high? Or your oven's gauge is incorrect? I set mine at 225, pop the headlights in, reduce heat to minimum (I think mine went min at 175), then took them out after 5 minutes.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

ohk..I think at the time i was doing 225-250 for like 12 mins..ha
ill do 200 next time and see.

blackcord

Reaction score
Im planning to do my retrofit, have a few questions, please help

The shroud will fit in 6th gen accord LowB reflector right? Gatling Gun Style ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Projector-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b835f9cd&vxp=mtr

Does the Mini hid Projector + with Gatling Gun Style fit in the Hbeam reflector?

I dont know if the gatling gun style is the same exact size comparing the ebay and the TRS one. My TRS one was actually touching the lens and it is a tight fit. For the low beam side, you will need to trim either the shroud or the part that was blackhoused (see my 5th. picture).

I am almost certain that it will not fit in the high beam area without cutting the back of the headlight.

Brad2274

Reaction score
Im planning to do my retrofit, have a few questions, please help

The shroud will fit in 6th gen accord LowB reflector right? Gatling Gun Style ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Projector-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b835f9cd&vxp=mtr

Does the Mini hid Projector + with Gatling Gun Style fit in the Hbeam reflector?

it's been done before but like he said it requires cutting, here's a thread on it, btw i wouldnt comment on it asking her questions because she hasnt been active for a while lol
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40635&page=16

Back