Mugen Low Temp Thermostat/Fan switch

1bad6

Reaction score
That's overkill IMO. Besides Honda's love to run hot.

My post was only to let the thread starter know how much I paid for all of the items he'd asked about. In other words, he was getting a great deal! I have the most modified engine on this forum and my engine runs hot even with all of the aforementioned cooling items and quite a few more. I'm not sure if his engine is bone stock so whether the items themselves are overkill for his setup is up to him.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
OP would definitely be getting a killer deal, however 1bad6 - even though you're modded with a built block, I wouldn't necessarily say you 'have the most modified engine on the forum'. There are others who have engines modified in their own ways, some more than others, all depends on each persons build. There are others that may even be more modified than yours - but they are F23 engines, not H22, thus they make less HP naturally just due to the nature of the limitations of the build, mostly speaking of the single cam F23 head.

Boosted engines especially - are going to run hot, and OP you got a great deal. Hit me up if you consider selling the thermostat and fan switch haha, you may not even really need it for a simple 5-speed swap ;).

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
OP would definitely be getting a killer deal, however 1bad6 - even though you're modded with a built block, I wouldn't necessarily say you 'have the most modified engine on the forum'. There are others who have engines modified in their own ways, some more than others, all depends on each persons build. There are others that may even be more modified than yours - but they are F23 engines, not H22, thus they make less HP naturally just due to the nature of the limitations of the build, mostly speaking of the single cam F23 head.

^2nd that one. All motors builds are different for different goals, and there is NO comparison to an H22 vs F series. Period. And boosting is a completely different animal.

As far as the deal, that is one heck of a deal for what your looking at purchasing.

1bad6

Reaction score

Boosted engines especially - are going to run hot, and OP you got a great deal. Hit me up if you consider selling the thermostat and fan switch haha, you may not even really need it for a simple 5-speed swap ;).

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one my friends. An engine is an engine...J, H, F, K. They all operate pretty much the same way. It would take away from the thread to debate what most modified means.

Russianred and Hotaccord243 have echoed what I said...it's a great deal. It would be $500+ if the items were bought separately and brand new. You'll have to determine what your setup needs. I absolutely advocate the use of the aluminum radiator and the Mugen fan switch which activates the fans at 176 degrees, but the thermostat is probably not necessary for an NA H22. That particular one is fully open at 160, which is a little too low. The factory thermostat begins to open at 170, which should be fine.

Back