My car smells like fish.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
And it smells. Really bad. I left my fishing gear in there when I came back in the morning and left it there til the afternoon in the garage. I opened my door and the smell just poured out and it sucked. I've been spraying it with Febreeze every time I walk in. The car is currently baking in the sun with the windows down in attempt to air out the smell.

No fish directly touched my trunk or anything. There just may have been some bits and pieces on my chair but I cleaned my rods and anything.

Any suggestions to speed up the get-rid-of-this-****ty-smell process?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
You might try OdoBan it works pretty well, it actually kills the odor rather than mask it like febreeze. Also maybe some baking soda.

slowrider87

Reaction score
i leave my rod in my car a lot, same with the tackle. but i never leave bait (worms, livers, etc.) only thing i do to ensure it doesn't start smelling funky is to take the tackle out after i get home each time from using it and let it dry out on the deck. once it's dry i'll put it back in the trunk.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I would say to spray it down with upholstery cleaner and just wipe it off, no need to scrub unless you want to get some stains out. Then just let it air out on its own.

Bax

Reaction score
You might try OdoBan it works pretty well, it actually kills the odor rather than mask it like febreeze. Also maybe some baking soda.

+1 i used to work at a BBQ place, and we had OdoBan for when nasty ****ers would blow up the bathrooms. lol It worked pretty well.

Back