my turbo kit. boosted guys lend me a hand!

ARaccord

Reaction score
its finally time! 98 accord lx f23a1 5 speed. after roughly 18 months of planning i think im ready. i live in south arkansas (10 min from louisiana line) so anybody know of a shop who can install/tune? plan on runnin 6.5ish pounds mainly cuz my 210,300 mile engine (compression test showed a surprisingly healthy engine). let me know if im missing something. those who are boosted i would really like your help. also will a 5th gen fuel pump fit cuz i cant find on for my cg. thanks in advance. :boink:

option 1:
t3 super 60 .63ar exhaust/.48ar compressor
turbo manifold
t3 turbo flange
t3/t4 5 bolt downpipe flange
38mm wg dump tube
38mm wg flange
oil catch can
oil line kit
intercooler
hks ssqv bov
2.5 ssqv bov tube
tial 38mm wg
obd2b to obd1 harness
chipped obd1 vtec ecu
hondata 4 bar map sensor
370cc injectors
f1 racing stage 3 clutch
f1 chromoly flywheel
pspec short shifter
255lph fuel pump
gaguges and pods
neptune software

option 2:
ebay turbo kit-will replace bov and wg and prolly turbo
turbo manifold-if i get a kit without a mani
obd2b to obd1 harness
chipped obd1 vtec ecu
omnipower 3 bar map sensor
neptune tuning software
f1 racing stage 3 clutch
f1 chromoly flywheel
rc 370cc injectors and clips
pspec short shifter
255lph fuel pump
gaguges and pods

Last edited:

ARaccord

Reaction score
yeah i think so too. was gonna use the ebay kit since it has everything and replace the bov wg fpr and have a turbo in the closet as backup.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Honestly, When it comes to turbo, you get what you pay for.

In this case, it's more than likely a waste of money, because in the long run you will be replacing so much of this kit, that you might as well piece something together with some better quality parts.

Just don't do it, it's more of a headache to try to SAVE money on a turbo kit, than just spending the extra money and get it done right the first time.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
If your only gonna do 6.5psi, then I would go for option two tbh. 6.5psi isn't much, the ebay turbo should hold no problem.

From MY experiences so far, It's not until after 12 psi when the turbines start to crap out on you.

And I'm curious.. why the 4bar map sensor? The stock map sensor reads up to 10-11psi. Are you planning on upping the boost? If so, then yeah your better off doing it right the first time.

ARaccord

Reaction score
4 bar map is what a friend suggested, said the stock map cant take the boost pressure. but if the stock map wont freak out i wont get the 4 bar sensor.

Back