my turbo kit. boosted guys lend me a hand!

ARaccord

Reaction score
found a shop! polk performance in benton, ar. apparently they've been dyno tuning for a while and they're very well known. they also custom make turbo kits, so im sure they can put mine together when i bring it to em. russianred, ill be getting a p28 ecu, conversion harness, and neptune software from phearable. 255lph fuel pump, 370cc injectors and conversion clips (since im going obd1), aem fpr, and........that should do it. sounds good?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Like Emmino said though, make sure you get at least 450cc injectors - 370cc is too small.

So you are sure your tuner tunes with Neptune? I'd inquire on his experience with Hondas in general, but SOHC's more specifically. I don't doubt his tuning skills, but it would be good information to know on the side anyways.

- Nikita

ARaccord

Reaction score
they can tune anything and are a certified aem dealer. he tunes many a honda, and sohc honda arent a problem.:thumbsup: ill spend around 2-3k for the install and the dyno tuning.......wonder if i should install the kit myself....

ARaccord

Reaction score
yeah it will. then ill only hafta spend maybe 1k for the dyno tune. does anybody make any prebent ic piping for our cars?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure only the DRAG and Turbonetics turbo kits came with pre-bent piping. Most other people have just fabbed their own.

Dynotune should cost nowhere near 1k. Even if you're using the most expensive standalone it's just under 1k (EX - AEM EMS). I donno, maybe Neptune is way pricey, but if you are tuning with <CROME> it should only take roughly an hour and cost no more than $300.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Treadstone makes prebend piping for our cars/preludes..but i heard they fit like crap.
I fabbed up my own IC piping. spent less than 200$ on steel 2.5 piping from Summit and welded them together in my own way/style.

sikjdm

Reaction score
an arkansas guy. i believe i'm the only one that is from arkansas that is active on here. welcome?

sikjdm

Reaction score
found a shop! polk performance in benton, ar. apparently they've been dyno tuning for a while and they're very well known. they also custom make turbo kits, so im sure they can put mine together when i bring it to em. russianred, ill be getting a p28 ecu, conversion harness, and neptune software from phearable. 255lph fuel pump, 370cc injectors and conversion clips (since im going obd1), aem fpr, and........that should do it. sounds good?

**** polk performance. i hate david for ****ing over so many people. don't ever goto polk/motorsports authority. most likely, all the shops in houston are crap. i realized this ever since i moved here to houston.

i'm from bryant arkansas. lived there for 10 years and moved to houston last year. polk is in alexander and not benton fyi. but like i said, stay the hell away from them. fair warning.

Back