my turbo kit. boosted guys lend me a hand!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
For a shop recommendation I would search online for a local car forum and ask there. You have a better chance of getting more input & credible info from people local to you.

akoutmos

Reaction score
if i were you, i would make a full list of all the parts you plan on buying and we can chime in and tell you if you forgot anything or don't need something. Just a thought

VTbsharp11

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much boost you are going to run, you have roughly a 50% chance of ruining your engine with an ebay turbo. I have seen it happen more than once. The compressor wheel and housing are not built with the same tight tolerances as a brand name quality unit, and WHEN the compressor wheel disintegrates it will be eaten by your engine and ruin it. Also I have seen the compressor housings split in half and open up like a clam due to ****ty construction. The extra 300-400 bucks you spend on a real turbo will not disappoint you in the long run. If you are piecing a kit together, buy a brand new garrett t3/t4 for $620 from here: www.cheapturbo.com. Way more turbo than your stock block will ever handle, and it will spool faster, and flow more air at lower boost (low boost making the same power = good, cool, air) due to better oiling and bearings.

ARaccord

Reaction score
lol ill try not to get order happy, but my debit card is calling my name.......akoutmos, option 1 is my complete list minus the map sensor and add a black ic piping kit.just ordered the manifold, tial 38mm wg, and a black hks ssqv bov.:omghi2u:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
yeah no ebay turbo dont listen to anyone who ever says an ebay turbo is ok.

the blades are likely to break off the impeller from cintrufugal force and suck into the engine :ryan:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Try to get your engine and fuel management figured out first, it is one of the most important aspects of turboing besides for the turbo itself. Then figure out what you are going to tune with, where, and who will be doing the tuning. That's a whole other chapter..

Back