my turbo kit. boosted guys lend me a hand!

nyknick1015

Reaction score
for a first timer, i honestly would use option 2 because its more affordable and it gives you room to improve after you boost. I like people who say do it right the first time but its all trial and error, you wont get the results you want the first time... try it and then play around after... then you know what to do for future cars u boost...

just so you know boosting is a long term investment... its not as easy as slapping on a kit and ur good... prepare to keep moving and spending $$

Last edited:

ARaccord

Reaction score
trust me nyknick i know. i have enough $$$$ for everything for option 2. highly HIGHLY doubt i can install it myself and damn sure cant tune it. just wanna get it before something comes up (which always seems to happen). ill save a lil more for the install/tune. know any shops in the ar/la/ms/ tx area?

akoutmos

Reaction score
I am COMPLETELY against getting an ebay turbo kit. Its not worth your time or money. In fact you run the chance of damaging your motor. Its not just a matter of bolting up the turbo to the motor. Everyone thinks thats it and you are done. What about engine management?!??!? And please don't consider fpr and piggy back ****. Go full stand alone or go to obd1. Get a real turbo from garrett, precision, or borg warner. Forget the ebay stuff. I'm really emphasizing this because you are going to end up wasting a ton of money and possibly ruining your motor. If you are serious about boosting, get quality parts, or don't do it at all. And most of all do a lot of research. With quality parts your car will last a while. Mine has been going on 3 years now with no problems what so ever.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
dont buy a turbo kit off of ebay. theyre garbage, every one of them. it will be a waste of money, entirely. premature ejaculators last longer than ebay turbos.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm with everyone else that said to stay away from the ebay kit. For a little more money you can piece a kit together with quality parts.

ARaccord

Reaction score
i guess......:skurred:i have a bad habit of skipping over stuff which is why im considering the ebay kit. guess ill attempt to piece one together. jmiller, how complete is option 1? i think i have everything i need....also i done asked like three times about a shop that can install and tune. one with a good rep.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Option one seems pretty complete. The only thing I would use out of those ebay kits would probably be the IC piping and the log manifold, everything else is crap.

You can buy IC kits and the log manifolds individually on ebay.

Back