NA SOHC F23A1 Build - DYNO'd!!!

cvjoint

Reaction score
It scares me to see similar tq/hp numbers at almost 2k rpms higher. I feel good not having to rev this motor beyond 7k rpms. My shift light is set 500 rpm's lower than that. I'd love to see this on a Civic/CRX - it would be fast. Too bad our 6GA are so heavy, though I've lightened up a bit. Thanks!

Your optimal shift point is between 6000 and 6300 rpm depending on the gear you are in (assuming you have the stock transmission). If you shift higher than than you will actually be putting out slower times. That frank motor requires 500rpm higher shift point. Even higher shift points can be achieved up to 7500rpm with no loss in speed but more importantly with no GAIN in speed.

Given that the two dyno's are comparable you optimized your power curve 500rpm lower and gained some extra speed on top of that. Even if your peak torque numbers are the same in real life(due to dyno differences) he would still have to shift 500rpm higher than you to just keep up.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Your optimal shift point is between 6000 and 6300 rpm depending on the gear you are in (assuming you have the stock transmission). If you shift higher than than you will actually be putting out slower times. That frank motor requires 500rpm higher shift point. Even higher shift points can be achieved up to 7500rpm with no loss in speed but more importantly with no GAIN in speed.

Given that the two dyno's are comparable you optimized your power curve 500rpm lower and gained some extra speed on top of that. Even if your peak torque numbers are the same in real life(due to dyno differences) he would still have to shift 500rpm higher than you to just keep up.

Yeah - shorter geared, M2S4 Prelude trans - check out my ride's thread.

cvjoint

Reaction score
That's nice! You can zero in on that dual peak pretty nicely with those short gears. Your build is very hardcore btw, you probably spend at least as much as I did on the 6th gen.

Got 2 questions for you:
What does your exhaust look like?
What's your AFR? You have a plot of it?

NASOHC

Reaction score
That's nice! You can zero in on that dual peak pretty nicely with those short gears. Your build is very hardcore btw, you probably spend at least as much as I did on the 6th gen.

Got 2 questions for you:
What does your exhaust look like?
What's your AFR? You have a plot of it?

No, Bisi tuned the car for optimal A/F - basically a conservative tune for street and has a few changes for under full throttle like VTEC. My exhaust is somthing I'd like to re-do actually. It's running DC Headers with 2.25" piping through a 28" straight though Magnaflow and ES-Tuning muffler. I think it starting to sound a bit restricted. I'll try to upload a video today of tune.

Very nice build dude, and very nice numbers!

Thanks!

NASOHC

Reaction score
so kenny...you already went to bisi to get it tuned??? are you going back?

Dude, I've asked to get your new number since last week, I tried calling you but i was out of service. We can still roll whenever you're ready, just let me know but we have to setup an appointment first. Peace out Chileno!

Back