Need Help Getting More HP..

AirBishop

Reaction score
twin turbos would be interesting, but not a reality. to change to obd-i, you must change computers(ecu) and change some componets. we have a thread on that as well on here

turbo lag is realative to the turbo. small turbo + our beefy f23= no lag = 225hp ish. big turbo = some lag 260-280hp

do not do dual exhaust. its un pleasing to the eye and yes, it may cause a loss in hp. i would not get megan, i would get apex'i or borla. but that is up to you

ok thanks. what are the different components needed to add a turbo? and what would be a realistic price for one + install?

Namboyz

Reaction score
We don't know anything.

/thread

lol dang guys. but i feel for the members here tho. but yeah. honestly your adding a bunch of questions in one thread to try to just serve your needs while you could just look a lil deeper.

just try to search a little more. most of these questions will definitely be answered in other threads here. but as far as questions about the import language sure ! shoot i didnt know stuff like IHE or IIRC or a bunch of other forum talk.

questions like that are acceptable in my opinion...

good luck.

and you mentioned something about being deployed? are you in the military?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Turbo- is easy but not as reliable unless you build your engine

Nos-easy but hard on engine

N/A will be very hard

Head=
Port and polish intake and exhaust runners, possibly bore the walls.
New stiffer valve springs so you dont float valves at higer rpms
5 angle valve grind job
AGGRESIVE CAM,
Adjustable cam gear

Block=
Polish and balance crank
New bearings
Upgraged to forged pistons, rods ect...

Fuel=
Probably Walbro
Gates racing timing belt
Convert to OBD1 for tuning, not smog or DEQ legal

I forgot to mention and year, Intake, some good header with collector, straight through exhaust.

If you just get intake header and exhaust, you wont see ****. Getting power out of these motors N/A is not the problem, its WEIGHT. These cars are too heavy...

I know I left out a lot, but its all I could think of off hand.

Nismode

Reaction score
Dude, seriously, you can't expect people to spoon-feed you an answer to every question in a thread. Ask someone more knowledgeable via PM or something. and SEARCH!!!

Whats IHE? and what do you mean major headwork?

You do stuff by yourself and you didn't know what IHE meant, and you have part of it already? lol.

Look up user NASOHC. I won't spoonfeed you a link to his profile, I think you should be able to do that for yourself (plus, it will help you find stuff in the future)

Well I already have the intake and header (not installed yet waiting to get exhaust) and i was thinking i would get the engine tuned and a lot of work done while i'm deployed so ya. i have some ideas of what i would like to do just am looking for some other ideas on how to accomplish my goal. and is it also possible to bore out the f23a?

I think there are some F23's that are bored out, but I'm not sure. Again, SEARCH. You can't expect other people to search for an answer for you, then come back here and give you an answer.

Well would it inconvenience you so much as to give me some hints on to what these miniscule items might be?

As said, IHE, and other bolt-ons, which you already have. Also, pulleys, TBS (throttle body spacers, there, I saved you the trouble), and other stuff that you can search for.

your an angry guy

Not angry, just suggesting you to search. Those threads he posted (those are links btw) in the past month, some within the past 2 weeks alone with the SAME questions you have. I could understand if you were a total NOOB to cars and online forums in general, or just plain slow when it comes to researching stuff in this day and age of Google, but I don't want to assume, that would be stupid :D

I already have intake and a header, im still looking for the right exhaust. and most of my work has been on 50's fords and ramblers. and this is my first time ever really getting into working on a Honda. I would like to be around 200 Hp if that is at any way possible and im not even sure what a good estimate would be for torque

200whp or crank? Our cars make 160hp to the crank stock. Dynoed, that number is a bit more disappointing.

Again, depends on the route you take. user Russianred has a turbo setup getting around 200whp. Look him up.

As stated above, user NASOHC has taken the Naturally aspirated method, which is a method that I'm going in as well. Instead of posting threads like these, I've done my research, read threads, PM'd members, and asked specific, relevant questions, instead of general ones. I've also realized that this is a 8-12 year old family car that won't put down a lot of power either cheap or reliably. Look at user iHazsnail (300+ whp from custom turbo and other stuff), and MikeyMike (undisclosed, lol, but in the same 300+ whp range from a custom 3.5L S/C 6-spd swap).

i reccomend looking at other ppls cars and seeing what they have. pm them about a mod and ask them their preference
if you ask specfic questions (what kind of header is better, 4-2-1 or 4-1?) we will be more helpful than hey what should i put on my car to get hp.

+1, what I basically said.

makes sense. thank you. and i have a 4-2-1 DC sports header what exhaust would work well with it
What type of muffler would you recommend like i said i havent worked much with tuners at all so its kind of like a foreign language

There are threads for exhaust.

The Exhaust Review Thread, stickied (permanently posted at the top) in the Product Review section.

A quick search for "exhaust" also brought up this recent thread:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29922&highlight=exhaust

Not trying to be mean, but pleeeaaaaaaaaaase search. It would prevent outbursts from other senior members who have seen it all, plus it would mean you wouldn't have to wait for responses (helpful or not).

Have a nice day, and good luck modding.

Nismode

Reaction score
One more thing, the H22 from the Prelude puts out 200 hp at the crank, a few members have done it. Think about that as well.

SneakyPete

Reaction score
everyone has missed the easiest and cheapest way to gain HP..................................STICKERS!!! we all know this!:slap:

AirBishop

Reaction score
lol dang guys. but i feel for the members here tho. but yeah. honestly your adding a bunch of questions in one thread to try to just serve your needs while you could just look a lil deeper.

just try to search a little more. most of these questions will definitely be answered in other threads here. but as far as questions about the import language sure ! shoot i didnt know stuff like IHE or IIRC or a bunch of other forum talk.

questions like that are acceptable in my opinion...

good luck.

and you mentioned something about being deployed? are you in the military?

yes i am actually

Back