Need help... H22 in my 6 gen with f23 lsd transmission...

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Just remember that having that high of a stall is going to build heat fast and heat is the killer of all auto transmissions.

If you are going with the 3000 rpm stall converter you need to think of adding multiple transmission fluid coolers

MaxPower

Reaction score
Tee6gen,

The auto isn’t going to hold up to the kind of power the H22 should make stock, forget a supercharger. I’m not sure why people think the 6th gen Accord is a bad canidate for a manual as mine came that way stock. No custom lines, holes, pedals or master/slave cylinders are needed, though there is nothing wrong with using a SS braided line instead of the stock rubber one. I highly recommend you use the manual that you are getting with the H22 as it should be LSD while your auto certainly isn’t. Additionally instead of spending a fortune on a high stall torque converter (and lots of auto trans rebuilds) Spec has many excellent clutch options that will hold the power without a heavy pedal feel/heavy pressure plate. (Stage 3 is my favorite, very streetable, reasonably priced and can handle all the power the SC could make)
All this said, is there anything wrong with the prelude or reason you don’t leave the H22 in there? Does it have the ECU or other parts you can use?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The auto/manual conversion on this generation accord is easy. Everything literally bolts on aside from the minor wiring you have to perform

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Nam1911a1
Can i just diy a traany cooling system to the transmission?
Maxpower
Im not sure if there is any problem with the prelude but from what he told me he got the car from a friend of his that was moving and didnt want to take the car. Ecu not sure but what can i use from the prelude to the accord ?
BlkCurrantKord
If i do go manual what do i need ? Tranny, flywheel, clutch and paddle, pressure plate, shift linkage.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Adding tranny coolers is simple. But these transmission can barely hold up to the stick power let alone the H22. You can do it but you will get tired of spending more on transmission rebuilds than anything

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but you're looking into swapping in an H series motor, but think going from auto to manual will be too much work?

There is a reason you won't find a compatible Honda LSD auto trans. Its counter-intuitive

Tee6gen

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but you're looking into swapping in an H series motor, but think going from auto to manual will be too much work?

There is a reason you won't find a compatible Honda LSD auto trans. Its counter-intuitive
JDM 91-96 Prelude Si vtec had a H22A w/ LSD tranny and was availible in an automatic. Idk if my transmission is lsd or not but there are automatic lsd tranny. The owner i bought my accord from said he had change the transmission before selling it and when i looked at the tranny the vin number number is not there so idk what type of tranny my transmission is but when i do raise up my car on jackstand and put it on neutral, spend the wheel both wheel spin so im suggesting its a lsd.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Both wheels will spin with the front end jacked up even with an open differential. Real test is to jack up only ONE SIDE and leave the other tire on the ground. If it jumps forward off of the jackstand than you have an lsd.

I don’t think you grasp the concept of differentials if you think both wheels spinning with the whole front jacked up means it is an LSD.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
JDM 91-96 Prelude Si vtec had a H22A w/ LSD tranny and was availible in an automatic. Idk if my transmission is lsd or not but there are automatic lsd tranny. The owner i bought my accord from said he had change the transmission before selling it and when i looked at the tranny the vin number number is not there so idk what type of tranny my transmission is but when i do raise up my car on jackstand and put it on neutral, spend the wheel both wheel spin so im suggesting its a lsd.

Which you aren't finding anywhere in your neck of the woods. I'm sure even in Japan there weren't many takers for the top of the line Prelude, but in automatic. 99.5% of people interested in a vehicle like that when it was new weren't buying it in automatic flavored.

Your Accord definitely isn't limited slip.

FWIW every car I've ever been around with a factory LSD had a warning label either in the drivers door jamb, or under the hood in reference to towing the vehicle and using a full size spare.

Back