Need some help with H23...

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Whats up everyone? I'm fairly new to the site, haven't posted much, but I have spent the last 7 or 8 months reading as much as I can on here. (kept seein noobs get flamed so i figured I would do my research lol) I came into this site basically knowing nothing about modding, and now feel that I am ready to start getting my hands wet. I've got some basic bolt ons so far, but basically a stock auto F23.

My goals for the summer were suspension and 5 speed swap, but after doing some recent reading, I think I've decided to go for a full H23 engine swap. (Reason being I haven't ruled out boost yet so I know I don't want the H22)

The opinion I'd like from you guys is, would $300 be a good price for an H23 engine alone? The catch being 130k miles, and missing the fuel rail, tps sensor and distributor.

Also if anyone could clarify for me...

My stock fuel rail and tps sensor should work right? I've read that these parts are the same for f/h motors. And what about the distributor?

Also, if I go ahead and get the H23 engine, i take it the 5sp ECU from the f23 wont work anymore right?

Believe me, I'll still be searching the forums for this stuff, I think I'm on here every day combing the archives lol. I just so happened to have come across an H23 for $300 on craiglist so idk how long the offer will stand.

Thanks for all your help guys!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
For 300$ the engine is either stolen or something is wrong with it, or the guy is stupid. Thats a crazy cheap price for an H23.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't actually swap it in until I'm ready to boost, but I just saw it on craiglist today and since I'd been considering the H23 tranny anyway i figured i might pick it up.

And I'm guessing the $300 is due to the few missing parts and 130k miles, but it is pretty cheap...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i personally wouldnt buy a 300 dolla engine and directly put it in my car unless it was in a car already and i saw it run.

and you will need a h23 fuel rail, f23 wont bolt up. personally, ive been to the o-town junkyards..... just pocket one

turboputz

Reaction score
Too many miles, could very well be down on power from your F23, and just totally not worth the hassle.

Best starting place for you would be a 5 speed swap.
You will still be slow, but at least you won't totally suck.

Deshon2688

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your help guys, I think I am gonna pass on it. I was really planning on pickin up some coilovers this summer, so I guess thats money better spent. I appreciate your thoughts!

Back