NEW!!! Function & Form TypeTwo.5 w/Eibach ERS Springs

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
what would be the best spring rates for the most comfortable ride?but still remaining the handling upgrade..

xx24xx

Reaction score
Ok... I'm putting some serious though into these. I have F&F Type 2, as mentioned earlier, and I'm not 100% satisfied. The reason being is I have a lot of audio equipment weighing her down, making the highest dampening setting feel too soft at times.

Please allow me to elaborate more on this. Here are some of the things I experience:
1) When going over a speed bumps, the front end 'dips' way too much as the front tire rolls off the bump. The rear does too but it doesn't scrape like the front does.
2) When taking corners fast, it tends to lean too much, even with sways and stuff.
3) When driving on highways at higher speeds with bumpy/uneven surfaces, she tends to 'bounce' constantly. I HATE this.

So... I'm considering the 14/10 or (most likely) 14/12 now. My question is can I install these springs and lower the dampening rate to achieve a smoother ride? Or am I an idiot who needs to realize I'm too low to get any more ride quality than I already have? (Easy fellas lol.)

:poke:

Edit: Here is the rear. Car is at slight angle so it does drop a tad more when completely flat.

1f09d6f1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score
:slap:

J/k - so, huch extra "lead" or weight u got in audio there to start?

xx24xx

Reaction score
Between 500-600 lbs. I'm a fat a** :lawl: adding another 300. I'll be installing a few new goodkes like the new Alpine H800 (when released) and a larger box at some point so the weight may increase slightly. I may just use birch to save weight but we'll see.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Between 500-600 lbs. I'm a fat a** :lawl: adding another 300. I'll be installing a few new goodkes like the new Alpine H800 (when released) and a larger box at some point so the weight may increase slightly. I may just use birch to save weight but we'll see.

Wow... that's a lot of weight. You're almost 1k lbs over stock with driver!

I'm afraid you may be right about your last conclusion. A stiffer spring rate will help BUT it may still be bouncy due to all the extra load AND anything over a 10 spring rate on rear will not b compensated by shock valving. At the end of day, no guarantee you'll solve anything. You'll have this issue regardless of what coil-overs you run - the kits are designed and R&D for stock applications, never intended to add 550-1000 lbs of weight.

BTW: Wrong thread to ask this question :peace:

I pm'ed you NASOHC.

Got it! PM'd back :D thanks!

xx24xx

Reaction score
I appreciate your feedback. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. To clarify, should it have gone in the two.0 thread?

NASOHC

Reaction score
I appreciate your feedback. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. To clarify, should it have gone in the two.0 thread?

No prob... glad I could help! :D

You could of PM me or post a thread here:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Problem I have with your post is you said you were "not satisfied with product" on this informational thread of "similar" product. As I said - it's not the products fault you have that much extra weight load and they're no able to perform and function as designed.

:peace:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Ken, a bit OT here, but I called the shop you use to work at looking for a tranny swap, and they told me you don't work there anymore hahaha.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Ken, a bit OT here, but I called the shop you use to work at looking for a tranny swap, and they told me you don't work there anymore hahaha.

Oh yeah... my old tech bought the place after I left. I still go there to get my work done or use their facility :D

Back