NEW!!! Function & Form TypeTwo.5 w/Eibach ERS Springs

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Wow... that's a lot of weight. You're almost 1k lbs over stock with driver!

I'm afraid you may be right about your last conclusion. A stiffer spring rate will help BUT it may still be bouncy due to all the extra load AND anything over a 10 spring rate on rear will not b compensated by shock valving. At the end of day, no guarantee you'll solve anything. You'll have this issue regardless of what coil-overs you run - the kits are designed and R&D for stock applications, never intended to add 550-1000 lbs of weight.

This is the same thing I was asking you about Ken, although I am not adding the 300lbs of driver weight, pretty much the same situation.

So, bottom line, take out the audio or live with the ride quality, I guess.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Yeah... there's always something to give. Can't have it all unfortunately :)

99accord boi

Reaction score
do u know the spring rate of the older type 2's?
and can i upgrade spring on these old coilovers?

xx24xx

Reaction score
NASOHC your PM box if full so I'll post here. My situation is time sensitive.

"Hey whats up man?

I've got a set of FF Type 2's with a blown strut on the front driver's side. I can't find any contact info on FF's website, and Andy's (who used to work there) email doesn't work anymore. Do you have a number I can reach them at to get a new strut shippped, or do you have that capability?

BTW this is the 3rd strut blown. 2 on the passenger and now on the driver. Would getting stiffer springs help with this? Since you the expert, I'd love to hear what you have to say about the normal springs compared the the ERS. Thanks! :D

Dorian"

NASOHC

Reaction score
NASOHC your PM box if full so I'll post here. My situation is time sensitive.

"Hey whats up man?

I've got a set of FF Type 2's with a blown strut on the front driver's side. I can't find any contact info on FF's website, and Andy's (who used to work there) email doesn't work anymore. Do you have a number I can reach them at to get a new strut shippped, or do you have that capability?

BTW this is the 3rd strut blown. 2 on the passenger and now on the driver. Would getting stiffer springs help with this? Since you the expert, I'd love to hear what you have to say about the normal springs compared the the ERS. Thanks! :D

Dorian"

I'm assuming you got a very old F&F kit if you were tryin to get ahold of Andy, he's been gone for at least 3 years now... You must have the older body design and if so, you cannot change the spring rate on those. If you have the new style you may.

Anyways, contact them here: [email protected]

Good luck!

Back